Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | nGenLog Help

Reviews Summary for nGenLog
nGenLog Reviews: 20 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $69
Description: nGenLog is the next generation logging software for radio amateurs. The creators of the Swedish log program HF Logg brings you a new program with improved and new features which is designed to work in the future. nGenLog is a living project that utilizes the latest programming technics to supply a stable, functional and easy to use program for your logging experience. Updates and patches will continuously be supplied based on an open community where you as a member can make your voice heard.

Features
-Logbook
-Advanced QSL management
-SWL
-ADIF 2.0, import and export
-LoTW, import and export
-Worldmap (Gray Line etc)
-Radio remote control

FT-1000MP MARK-V
FT-2000
FTDX9000

More info: http://www.ngenlog.com/

You can write your own review of the nGenLog.

WD6V Rating: 0/5 Nov 30, 2014 18:49 Send this review to a friend
Will not load or work, wasted time and money  Time owned: more than 12 months
The program will not load and it jams my computer on "Load Log". I uninstalled the Windows 7 operating system (after saving my files)and installed Vista, thinking it might work on the older operating system. I downloaded nGenLog from the site again and got everything set up. I did the same thing.
I sent several emails to nGenlog but I did not receive a reply.
I will spend more time getting the computer back to Windows 7 and my files back.
Total waste of $99 and many hours.

WD6V Rating: 0/5 Nov 25, 2014 23:44 Send this review to a friend
Will Not Load  Time owned: more than 12 months
GenLog worked great 2 years ago and I loved it. HOWEVER....that computer crashed and I was not very active for a while. Now I am trying to load it on two other computers with no luck. The exact same thing happens as K9MLE describes. It gets stuck on "Loading Log" and I also have to "ctrl alt delete" to stop it.
I paid $99 which is wasted money now unless the support can help all of us. I emailed them but from reading other posts of no support I am not encouraged.
I give it a 0 because it will not work!!! If it worked I would rate it 5 from my short experience I had when it worked on the other computer.
I would not buy this program unless I see the support come back to life.
I will post any developments as to support, or no support soon.

KB9MLE Rating: 0/5 Jul 25, 2014 06:00 Send this review to a friend
Will not load log  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have tried to load a new log and it gets stuck loading to the point where I have to use alt/control/delete to stop it. Have e-mailed nGenLog, no support and no response. nGenLog is working on 2 other computers I have that are running Windows 7 and 8 with no problem, but can't seem to run it on this one. I've tried changing the compatibility to windows vista and running as administrator with no luck. Surely, there has to be a way to get this thing to work. I'm giving this logger a zero until I get this to work, then will change it to a 5, since it's one of the best logging programs I've seen. Sure would be nice if I could get some tech support for this program; I was one of the original members that paid $99 for it. If ANYONE has any suggestions on a fix, look me up on QRZ and send me an e-mail.

NT6X Rating: 2/5 Jun 15, 2014 14:16 Send this review to a friend
Will not load  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was a loyal user until the support stopped. Then when it was brought back to life recently downloaded the latest version but it will not load. Stays stuck on "Loading Log" screen. Emails sent through nGenLog website went unanswered.

KE5LZL Rating: 2/5 Apr 25, 2014 19:09 Send this review to a friend
won't load up  Time owned: more than 12 months
It worked on my lab top after a few times but will not load up on my desk top.. worked since 2009, but when I changed to a windows 7 xp service pack 2, after a year it stopped loading... I really liked the map setup. but now am disappointed.

GM0PHW Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2014 06:22 Send this review to a friend
nGenLog is back and its now FREE  Time owned: more than 12 months
nGenLog has been made available and its FREE to download.

www.ngenlog.com

KA1NAV Rating: 4/5 Mar 30, 2014 14:26 Send this review to a friend
Disappointed  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very disappointed that the company decided to stop production and support of the program. This WAS a very good and user friendly program that had great potential. My only complaint was it did not log states in the addresses. Other then that it was very good

VK6NU Rating: 0/5 May 24, 2013 01:18 Send this review to a friend
No Longer supported  Time owned: more than 12 months
Really liked this program, but I see its no longer supported, So a waste of $65 for me. No point in going into much detail but it had potential, nice layout etc.

Looks like its Log4OM from now on at least that is well supported.

KE5LZL Rating: 2/5 Jul 1, 2012 17:41 Send this review to a friend
needs improvement  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice, but needs improvement. when I try to upload to Log book of the world, back up file doesn't apear on my computer.

W3DLR Rating: 3/5 Dec 6, 2011 06:45 Send this review to a friend
Good program but needs support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
nGenlog is a very easy to use application. It installed easy and is easy to use. Had no problems getting it to connect to my Flex 5000. By far one of the better programs I have found and could be worth the money but..

The biggest problem that I have with it now is their total lack of support! They will still take your money but they will not support there product. At least not that I have been able to find. They have their support forums, but...This comes from their website forums:

"Forums
No more support the time being.
Since our forums has been spammed, we are not able to give any support."

Since you have no support you are one your own. The only thing you can do is find something on the internet somewhere else. Hopefully this will get fixed but be cautious for now.