Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 113 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham. Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all orginal documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacment tubes. This is now a full time operation located in Annapolis, MD.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2015 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Another 5+  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a very nice 75S-3 receiver. I did the usual things, testing tubes, replacing questionable caps, etc.
It worked great until cranking the VFO back and forth. There were issues with the dial drive PLUS the PTO itself. This is not the most robust design.......
It had several PTO problems, the usual stick/slip problems. Old, dried grease, etc.
Although I'm good with precision mechanisms, this one beat me.
Eventually, I sent it to Peter to be 'reworked'. Peter found several issues and although it has not yet been reinstalled in the radio, his workmanship and especially, his communication has been excellent.
I am an a A+ personality and expect the best from my equipment. I almost never refer to outside help for my equipment, I did in this case and glad I did.
I asked for 'assistance' from the usual Collins sources and Peter was more than willing to help.
If I had to do it over again, I would never try to 'rework' the PTO while still in the radio.
Just pull it out and send it to Peter, or try to fix it yourself. Good luck with that.

Great guy and deserves ALL the 'fives' he gets!!!

ron
N4UE

KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2015 22:33 Send this review to a friend
Another great repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After previous great experiences in which Peter brought my WE 75S-3 and 32S-3 back to life (see prior reviews), I recently sent Peter my RE KWM-2A and 516F-2 power supply for cleaning and realignment. Among other tasks, Peter cleaned all of the switches and pots, replaced six tubes, installed a new matched set of finals, replaced a bad crystal, performed a full alignment, and completely recapped the power supply. Everything now works as if it were brand new. On receive, the KWM-2A now rivals my 2014 Kenwood transceiver and I'm getting more than 100 watts out on all bands. I couldn't be happier with Peter's work.

As always, communication with Peter was timely and effortless. I highly recommend Collins Rebuilders for all of your Collins needs.

Dave
KD9BWP

KC9KGG Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
COLLINS REBUILDERS provides consistently high quality repair/refurbishment services for Collins equipment. Repairs are completed promptly.

Highly recommend COLLINS REBUILDERS

WA5FAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Individual  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Peter several times for Collins repair and have always had excellent service and results.

A very professional approach to repair with superior knowledge of the equipment.

Always can depend on Peter for helpful service and repair.

Peter was so kind to be one of our VA donors when we provide a radio station for Veterans at the Dayton VA. So, he not only is a great repair survice, he also is a philantropist as well.

WA4WDV Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2015 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Well Deserving of a Great Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter brought my KWM-2, 30L-1 and 516F-2 power supply all back to life after years of being dragged around the world in military household goods shipments or idle in storage. He even rewired my Collins MM-1 mobile microphone that was disabled by a curious six year old. It’s great to be back on the air with lots of signal compliments from stations worked. He has answered all my questions about operating my rig and even offered tips one wouldn’t normally think of - for example “Use a power strip to turn on the rigs and leave each switch in the on position. This is done to protect the very poorly made switches on the rigs. When one of them goes... Forget ever finding a replacement.” Super service from a very knowledgeable and personable K2LRC. Thanks Peter.

KC9KGG Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2015 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Great Collins Repair Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the last year, Peter has repaired or restored multiple Collins radios for me and I have been very pleased with the results. His time and cost estimates were very accurate.

I highly recommend COLLINS REBUILDERS.

Jim Sundet
KC9KGG

W4RL Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2014 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter runs an excellent Collins repair/rebuild service company with extraordinary customer care.

W3GB Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 13:09 Send this review to a friend
The rig I have dreamed about is now working great  Time owned: more than 12 months
It took me 30 years to have the courage to buy an S-line. Then with a nice, clean non-working set of radios I worried about finding the best restoration expert for 10 more years. Then it took Peter 5 days to fulfill my dream. Looks and works just like I knew it would.
What more could I expect? Dealing with Peter and getting to know him was the surprise bonus. High quality work from a genuine high quality individual.

W2JY Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Repair of KWM-2A  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently sent my KWM-2A to Peter for repair. I was delighted with both the work and the turn around time. When I contacted Peter he gave me an accurate cost estimate and I was genuinely surprised at the fast turn around time.

I was also very pleased with the itemized list of things repaired and the cost of each part that he replaced.

I would recommend his service without any reservation whatsoever.

Allen Anderosn

KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2014 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic repair of my 75S-3  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just got my WE 75S-3 receiver back from Peter. Wow. Like the transmitter that was the subject of my prior review, the receiver was cosmetically perfect but barely working when I sent it to Peter, having been in storage for 30 years. Peter completely realigned it, tested and replaced tubes, removed dirt and corrosion, replaced all paper caps and under chassis electrolytics, cleaned and lubricated the switches, and more. The receiver is 50 years old, but I think it now sounds better than my modern, relatively high-end transceiver that is less than a year old. I've now had five QSOs with my newly refurbished S Line, and the 32S-3 and 75S-3 are working together like buttah.

Many thanks to Peter for another wonderful refurbishment!

Dave