Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 104 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham. Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all orginal documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacment tubes. This is now a full time operation located in Annapolis, MD.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2014 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic repair of my 75S-3  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I just got my WE 75S-3 receiver back from Peter. Wow. Like the transmitter that was the subject of my prior review, the receiver was cosmetically perfect but barely working when I sent it to Peter, having been in storage for 30 years. Peter completely realigned it, tested and replaced tubes, removed dirt and corrosion, replaced all paper caps and under chassis electrolytics, cleaned and lubricated the switches, and more. The receiver is 50 years old, but I think it now sounds better than my modern, relatively high-end transceiver that is less than a year old. I've now had five QSOs with my newly refurbished S Line, and the 32S-3 and 75S-3 are working together like buttah.

Many thanks to Peter for another wonderful refurbishment!

Dave
KD9BWP

KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2014 15:16 Send this review to a friend
Peter saved my 32S-3!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Peter has been amazing to deal with. I recently bought a cosmetically perfect WE 32S-3 that had been in storage for about 30 years. Unfortunately, the emission switch was stuck in the "LSB" position and would not move. Peter not only fixed the switch but recapped the radio, cleaned all of the corrosion and lubricated all switches, cleaned the relay contacts, fixed a broken mic jack, replaced bad tubes, and fully aligned the radio so that it now puts out in excess of 100 watts on all bands. Peter performed all the work for a very reasonable price within just a couple of days after receiving the radio and was always available to answer questions.

I'm sending him my 75S-3 as soon as he gets back from vacation!

W2RKJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2014 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Yet again  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I have three amps, two are non Collins and the third is a Collins 30L-1. I found I didn't care for the other two compared to the Collins so I decided to get another 30L-1. e"Pay" was not even considered for obvious reasons. I went right to the "Master" Peter Wittenberg of Collins Rebuilders in Annapolis, MD. I got a refurbished 30L-1 that was looking great and "YET AGAIN" exceeding expectations. Again there was no question of what you're getting, you know it's going to be exactly what you want.
Again, Thank you Peter, I sure hope you have someone you're are training in the wings with your skills and experience when you retire. If not there's are a whole bunch of us will be sitting Shiva

N7GZZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2014 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Exellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
You will not find a more honest, straight forward, no nonsense, professional than K2LRC! Not only is he a walking encyclopedia of Collins S Line, The repair and restoration look like it came from the factory.

WD9HML Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2014 16:53 Send this review to a friend
Professional service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Peter accepted my KWM-2A for refurb. The turn around time was just a few weeks. Cost was very reasonable. Peter provided a detailed invoice giving all the parts and services. Also, a nice touch was a label under the lid indicating the repair facility and date. Peter impresses me as a no-nonsense professional. I plan to have him do more Collins radios for me this year. I am happy to find someone to restore my beautiful old Collins radios!

W3UPV Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2014 08:03 Send this review to a friend
KWM-2A Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
On short notice, he accepted my KWM-2A with no RF output, put it on the bench and had it working in 20 minutes. One new tube required. Then with a courtesy alignment on all bands he sent me on my way with the radio working at original factory specs. Great Work!

N9BNO Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2014 11:07 Send this review to a friend
Collins 75S-2 repair   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If you want the lowest cost possible, you could take your Collins down to the local TV and Mower service center. Then keep your fingers crossed. If you want it done "RIGHT" and you want a radio to be proud of, then send it K2LRC. I have sent 4 or 5 pieces to him. Always a treat to open the box when it gets back. I have another piece packed and ready to ship, today.

WA4YDJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2014 05:46 Send this review to a friend
beyond expectations  Time owned: more than 12 months
I sent Peter my 51 year old 30L-1. It was used extensively in its first 20 years, but wasn't turned on for the last 30 years. Needless to say, it was in terrible disrepair. Peter rebuilt it extensively and it performs now like it did in 1963. His turn over time was very reasonable and the unit cosmetically is back to its old form. Highly recommend him - his service went beyond expectations.

KX4XK Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2014 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Another successful resurection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Once again, I have been more than pleased by the attention to detail Peter devotes to my Collins Gear.... just like they were his own.

So Far I have had a KWM-2A, a 30L-1 and the KWM-2A again (after I did something really foolish) realigned and restored to original specifications.

Can not say enough good things about his shop! He was right on time with the delivery as promised and documented every thing as if it were something for the space program.

K9ALT Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Work!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently sent my KWM-2 in to Peter for an S-meter problem which I couldn't handle and I said what the heck...I'll just have a complete alignment done. The work took about three weeks and got the rig back..it's like new and works like a champ. Peter was great...very professional and he knows these rigs inside and out. Thanks Peter...you hams out there with Collins equipment...you want excellent work at a reasonable price, give Peter a call. I did and I'm completely satisfied!