Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 91 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham. Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all orginal documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacment tubes. This is now a full time operation located in Annapolis, MD.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2015 07:47 Send this review to a friend
Final details of PTO repair  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I finally got around to putting my 75S-3 back together. Although in excellent shape, the PTO had several issues. I did some research and sent the PTO to Peter.
He kept me advised as to the status of the repairs and told me he had set the end points and PTO output level. He told me what steps needed to be done once the PTO was back in the radio. (it's in the Manual)
Before I started, I fired up the signal generator, counter and laid out all my tools.
I was prepared for a LONG episode of 'tweaking'. Due to the excellent articles in ER Magazine and in the CCA archives, it was very easy to install.
The PTO tunes like butter, but the BEST (almost unbelievable) thing is, it was dead on frequency!
My luck is normally nowhere near that good, but just a result of Peter's attention to detail......

Nothing else need be said.....

KE5RV Rating: 5/5 Aug 10, 2015 11:30 Send this review to a friend
32S-3 Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In an earlier review, I rated Peter's work on a non-working 75S-3 that I sent him. I was very pleased with his service then and decided to send him the non-working 32S-1 that I had also purchased with the receiver. He told me up front when I described the problems to him that it might not be cost effective to repair. Sure enough, it was a DOA. We were able to work out a trade + cash deal where he sold me a restored 32S-3 at a reasonable price and I couldn't be happier with the result. Peter is a true Collins professional and I highly recommend his services.
WA4OYX Rating: 5/5 Aug 9, 2015 19:11 Send this review to a friend
KWM2A Excellent work on two of them  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Thank you Peter W. for your fine work on two KWM2A xcvrs. Your help in steering me to hamboxes for shipping was an added plus. Mr. Wittenberg is very patient before doing the work, answering questions and making suggestions. During and after the work, he continues to offer his good advice. For quick turnaround, fantastic service and plain good business-conduct, you couldn't ask for a better person to deal with. He makes the great Collins experience ever better. Once again, thank you sir.
WA5NNV Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2015 10:00 Send this review to a friend
On Going Assistance  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I wanted to say "Thank You" to Peter for his patience to answer questions about the KWM-2 he overhauled. And the suggestion of using a Bucking Transformer to reduce my line voltage to what the Collins was designed to operate with.
KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2015 22:33 Send this review to a friend
Another great repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After previous great experiences in which Peter brought my WE 75S-3 and 32S-3 back to life (see prior reviews), I recently sent Peter my RE KWM-2A and 516F-2 power supply for cleaning and realignment. Among other tasks, Peter cleaned all of the switches and pots, replaced six tubes, installed a new matched set of finals, replaced a bad crystal, performed a full alignment, and completely recapped the power supply. Everything now works as if it were brand new. On receive, the KWM-2A now rivals my 2014 Kenwood transceiver and I'm getting more than 100 watts out on all bands. I couldn't be happier with Peter's work.

As always, communication with Peter was timely and effortless. I highly recommend Collins Rebuilders for all of your Collins needs.

KC9KGG Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2015 06:43 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
COLLINS REBUILDERS provides consistently high quality repair/refurbishment services for Collins equipment. Repairs are completed promptly.

WA5FAC Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2015 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Individual  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used Peter several times for Collins repair and have always had excellent service and results.

A very professional approach to repair with superior knowledge of the equipment.

Always can depend on Peter for helpful service and repair.

Peter was so kind to be one of our VA donors when we provide a radio station for Veterans at the Dayton VA. So, he not only is a great repair survice, he also is a philantropist as well.
WA4WDV Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2015 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Well Deserving of a Great Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter brought my KWM-2, 30L-1 and 516F-2 power supply all back to life after years of being dragged around the world in military household goods shipments or idle in storage. He even rewired my Collins MM-1 mobile microphone that was disabled by a curious six year old. It’s great to be back on the air with lots of signal compliments from stations worked. He has answered all my questions about operating my rig and even offered tips one wouldn’t normally think of - for example “Use a power strip to turn on the rigs and leave each switch in the on position. This is done to protect the very poorly made switches on the rigs. When one of them goes... Forget ever finding a replacement.” Super service from a very knowledgeable and personable K2LRC. Thanks Peter.
W4RL Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2014 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Customer Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter runs an excellent Collins repair/rebuild service company with extraordinary customer care.
W3GB Rating: 5/5 Nov 30, 2014 13:09 Send this review to a friend
The rig I have dreamed about is now working great  Time owned: more than 12 months
It took me 30 years to have the courage to buy an S-line. Then with a nice, clean non-working set of radios I worried about finding the best restoration expert for 10 more years. Then it took Peter 5 days to fulfill my dream. Looks and works just like I knew it would.
What more could I expect? Dealing with Peter and getting to know him was the surprise bonus. High quality work from a genuine high quality individual.