Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 114 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham.

Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all original documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacement tubes. This is now a full time operation now located in Penryn CA.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

K2NX Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2018 12:15 Send this review to a friend
Saving my KWM-2A  Time owned: more than 12 months
Kudos to Peter for bringing my KWM-2A back from the nearly dead. I acquired the Radio used about 6 years ago. It developed a problem with reduced output in the LSB mode early in 2017 and I chose K2LRC to tackle the matter based on reviews of his work. I chose wisely. Peter provided detailed guidance on packing and shipping the radio. He not only corrected the LSB problem but also spotted several other issues including a cold solder and a binding PTO shaft. Before making any repairs he consulted with me on them, gave me options and pricing. The radio came back to me in beautiful shape with a proof of performance chart showing receive sensitivity and TPO on each band. I highly recommend Peter for service work on the classic Collins rigs.

WB5UFR Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2017 13:34 Send this review to a friend
75's Repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is my first Collins S-Line and your work on the 75's was well worth the time you put into it!
Thanks again for your advise on shipping and keeping me updated on the progress doing the repair. WB5UFR

K1VHR Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2017 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Collins KWM2a New Again!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Years ago (the 70's!) I had a KWM2a and life required me to sell it. Recently I acquired another one but it had a few problems...unauthorized mods, poor power out, self oscillation in Xmit, to name a few. I found Peter K2LRC, a COLLINS EXPERT and he was only 90 miles away!. I requested that he look at my KWM2A and make it well.
This was a very pleasant surprise; first Peter is a very knowledgeable gentleman and understands Collins enthusiasts. In a short time period, Peter called me and said it was completed. It is nearly brand new...Peter pays attention to detail of everything, right down to the labels in side the chassis. It was a great job, a good experience, the KWM2A performs in a fantastic manner and the cost was priced very well for a professional job. I am not disappointed and can recommend Peter with for any Collins problem. Now on to my Collins S Line!! I highly recommend Peter for anything Collins.

N0EKO Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2017 13:34 Send this review to a friend
KWM-2A Restoration   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Collins KWM-2A wouldn't power on. I couldn't determine the cause, and I thought I'd have to sell the transceiver. I came across Peter's name and called him. He took my radio in and fixed the problem. In addition, he performed a number of modifications to the rig to improve its functioning. I can't say enough about Peter's good work. He also helped me understand how to tune up the rig. He's an Elmer.

K6AN Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2017 11:01 Send this review to a friend
Great Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What can I say? Peter did a wonderful job of going through my 30L-1. He updated the power supply, changed old caps, bad fuses, found some weak tubes,and replaced weak 811A's. it's like a new amp. Got it on the air, and got great reports. It just loafs along now. This man does magic! I will go back to him again with my S-line radios. He always kept me in the loop. I could contact him anytime with questions. He gave me many options to save me money. He is a fountain of S-line knowledge. Try him!

W4TUK Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2017 13:21 Send this review to a friend
Collins KWM-2 Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter,K2LRC Provided advise that was of great assistance in my KWM-2 restoration project. Peter helped in troubleshooting and repair along with sources of repair parts. Peter is a valuable asset in keeping the Collins Radios on the air.

KE5RV Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2017 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Thanks again, Peter!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Once again, Peter has come through to give my old S-Line new life! He recently repaired and aligned my 75S-3 and it sounds better than ever! Very informative and helpful...I wouldn't trust my Collins equipment with anyone else!

KE5JWC Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2017 05:56 Send this review to a friend
32S Repair  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Let's face it! K2LRC is a bit pricey for this old guy on fixed income .... BUT ... He is the go-to guy! He took care of my issues quickly and expertly so the choice is .... go to the graduate of the class or the guy that finished last. I am glad I went to the graduate. I will go again!

WA4WDV Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 17:56 Send this review to a friend
The Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Thanks Peter for keeping my Collins station going during 2016. Peter not only provided me with repair and advice for my KWM-2 and 30L-1 during the year, but also got to re-wire a couple of microphones. It was comforting to know that he was always there, ready and willing to assist in whatever was necessary to keep me on the air. It shouldnít be hard to figure out that I highly recommend him for any of the above plus friendly conversation about the old days shopping on NYCís radio row if thatís what you need.
Alex
WA4WDV

K3MKB Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommened  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Courteous, informative, and a great communicator detailing problems and the corrective measures needed to repair your S-Line. A positive experience dealing with him. Thanks Peter!