Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 105 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham. Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all orginal documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacment tubes. This is now a full time operation located in Annapolis, MD.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

K3MKB Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2016 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommened  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Courteous, informative, and a great communicator detailing problems and the corrective measures needed to repair your S-Line. A positive experience dealing with him. Thanks Peter!

WS0T Rating: 5/5 Jul 15, 2016 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Peter/K2LRC will always be my Go-To for any Collins repair!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
47 years of lust for my 1st S Line came to fruition in January. It was evident this wonderful old time gear needed some work though & after some research, despite having to ship half way across the country, it was evident Peter, K2LRC was the BEST choice.
To my dismay, the shipper TRASHED my new, beautiful, old-time gear! Peter to the rescue. He took photos & wrote brief summaries of the damage to each piece of equipment & amazingly, I was TOTALLY reimbursed by the shipper for what I had paid on initial purchase.
Peter worked his magic getting things restored. I ended up having to purchase another transmitter as the original one was totaled but the 75S3B/C receiver is incredible. Beautiful audio & wonderful sensitivity after Peter got done with it. He did the work in a very timely manner at very fair price. I certainly will not got anywhere else with any repair work involving my Collins gear. Peter, K2LRC, is Top Notch!

KD9BWP Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2016 11:31 Send this review to a friend
30L-1 Refurbishment  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the last 2 years, Peter has refurbished for me two S-Lines, a RE KWM-2A, two power supplies, and most recently, a RE 30L-1. Every experience with Peter has been consistently excellent. In each instance, Peter took radios that were either not working, poorly performing, or seriously out of alignment and brought them back to original performance specs.

My most recent experience with the 30L-1 was no different. After Peter painstakingly cleaned a very dirty inside chassis, installed a new power supply board and replaced some capacitors and resistors, I'm now getting 650 watts out on 20 meters, great reports, and similar results on other bands. As always, Peter was very patient with my questions and communications back and forth were effortless and timely.

Thanks for another great repair, Peter!

Dave
KD9BWP

KC4BW Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2016 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Help with 30L-1 Amplifier  Time owned: more than 12 months
I was tuning up my 30L-1 amp on 40m about a week ago and I was in the tune position tuning it on low power when something in the amp made a loud "pop." There was no smoke or any smell at all. I immediately shut down the amp and disconnected all the cables and put it over on my work bench. After taking it out of the case I removed all the covers, which activated all the interlocks, and did not see anything right off that looked burned or that had exploded. I put the covers back on and plugged the unit in and the unit showed it was drawing almost 2 amps DC plate current.
I called Peter since he is only 10 miles from me and he said to pull the tubes and make sure the plate leads are well out of the way of the chassis, and put the covers back on and turn it on and see what the amp meter read. It was still a little over 1 amp, so he told me to bring it over to his place. His eyes must be sharper than mine, and he is 8 or 9 years older than I am. He found the culprit that popped when I was tuning the amp, it was the 1 ohm meter shunt resistor in the power supply. He replaced the resistor and that took care of the problem.
Peter has treated me like a friend and with respect ever since I started dealing with him two years ago. If he treats all of his customers like he has me, then I can understand why he has a 5 out of 5 rating.

K0GUN Rating: 5/5 Apr 6, 2016 18:38 Send this review to a friend
Ultimate Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This was my first experience with K2LRC and will not be the last. He has a process that produce success. Very through and keeps you informed. Workmanship and attention to detail,very professional

KB3EPJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 19, 2016 04:23 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I had the pleasure of living close to Peter, and the Collins Rebuilders.
Peter did a artistic job rebuilding my 30L-1 replacing the power supply, and tubes.
Upon pick up Peter went through the entire process, and also gave me a printed copy of performace.
Old world craftsmanship still exists with Peter.

W7PAZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2016 08:18 Send this review to a friend
Continuing Excellence  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Just concluded my 2nd repair experience with Peter. He serviced my 32S-3 transmitter. Good turn-around time, problems accurately identified and repaired, excellent documentation and performance results. Very fair pricing.

If you have a service need for Collins S-line gear, give Peter a call or email. He has a very nice web site.

JIMKMILLER Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2016 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Purchased a Collins 30L-1 that was repaired by K2LRC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased a Collins 30L-1 from KC9KGG and received it a week ago.

This unit was repaired by K2LRC. He had replaced a circuit board and installed all new 811A tubes and generally cleaned it up and tested it. Great quality work and a very reasonable rate.

K2LRC also helped in setting up the configuration of this amplifier after it arrived.
I am very pleased with my new to me amplifier and the craftsmanship of K2LRC and the support I received.

I would recommend K2LRC to anyone that is looking to buy any Collins equipment or needing repairs.

N7LK Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2016 17:58 Send this review to a friend
Purchased a K2LRC Repaired Collins 30L-1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a K2LRC repaired Collins 30L-1 from another ham less than a week ago for a friend of mine.

Peter (K2LRC) assisted us during the installation and setup to my friends Kenwood TS-590S.

This unit operates as designed without any issues and the signal reports we receive describe sterling audio quality.

We are very satisfied with the workmanship and customer support from K2LRC, and would purchase and/or maintain Collins S-Line equipment from/with K2LRC in the future.

W4PGT Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2015 09:47 Send this review to a friend
32S1 repairs  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Peter worked on my dead 32S1 that I saved from the junk yard He worked on it for a few hours and called me to tell me too many people had "worked" on it over the years. In the end Peter made me a good deal on a 32S3 transmitter. I traded the dead 32S1 to a local Ham to use to repair his 32S1. Peter is a very friendly guy. He has all the necessary test equipment and knowledge to repair these 50 + year old radios. Thank you Peter for all your hard work 73 Russ W4PGT