Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Help

Reviews Summary for COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC
COLLINS REBUILDERS  - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC Reviews: 105 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: We repair and repaint Collins S-line radios with many years of experience with over 40 years as an active Ham. Our services include complete Laboratory testing of all the gear using HP and Bird equipment. We use all orginal documentation and maintain a stock of parts and an excellent selection of replacment tubes. This is now a full time operation located in Annapolis, MD.

See the web site for more details and contact information.

More info: http://www.k2lrc.com

You can write your own review of the COLLINS REBUILDERS - Collins S-line Repair by K2LRC.

K9ALT Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Work!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently sent my KWM-2 in to Peter for an S-meter problem which I couldn't handle and I said what the heck...I'll just have a complete alignment done. The work took about three weeks and got the rig back..it's like new and works like a champ. Peter was great...very professional and he knows these rigs inside and out. Thanks Peter...you hams out there with Collins equipment...you want excellent work at a reasonable price, give Peter a call. I did and I'm completely satisfied!

KC4DV Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 06:19 Send this review to a friend
KWM2A 32S1 515F2 Repairs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very complete and meticulous repair work. Peter knows these radio inside and out, as well as the history of the designs and Collins Radio. I am very happy with his work and great customer service. I highly recommend COLLINS REBUILDERS

KA8HUZ Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2014 05:40 Send this review to a friend
Repair by k2lrc  Time owned: more than 12 months
Very happy with service. I purchased my receiver recently and wanted a tune up as well as look as a couple of minor issues. The communication with k2lrc was always prompt and so was the service turn around. I would recommend this service.

WA4LZC Rating: 5/5 Dec 1, 2013 18:25 Send this review to a friend
Fast honest work with a good price  Time owned: more than 12 months
My KWM-2A went way off frequency (PTO) so I called Peter and he had me send it up to him. He found the problem, the PTO had slipped somehow. Peter fixed the PTO and aligned the radio. Now it works like a champ.
Thanks Peter for a job well done.

W1QD Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 15:45 Send this review to a friend
very happy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Collins gear has always been considered "high end"
equipment. As with fine "retro" automobiles, it is important to have the best mechanic. I highly endorse Peter, not only for his fine workmenship, but also on his excellent communications skills and turn-around time. Recently he repaired my 30l-1 amplifier and upgraded my 516f-2 power supply.
Very pleasant experence; if you love quality gear than please consider Peter Wittenberg as your "Collins" go to technician.

K4GNO Rating: 5/5 Nov 20, 2013 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Peter just repaired my 30L-1 that developed a problem in the bias circuit. He does an outstanding job, is very fair with his charges, and really cares about the quality of his work. Peter has done work for me before, and I highly recommend him for any Collins repair and restoration.

WW7Q Rating: 5/5 Oct 21, 2013 19:25 Send this review to a friend
S-Line Project  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Peter has been nothing short of a miracle worker when it comes to fulfilling my dream of owning a pristine, working S-Line. I picked up a "rough" 75S-3B, had it shipped to Peter who worked his magic and restored it to perfect working condition. I mentioned I was then on the hunt for a pristine 32S-3 - no problem! Peter literally "assembled" one for me and I took delivery of it last week. It looks new-in-the-box to me! I put the word out I would like to finish off the station with a 30L-1 - no problem! I can hardly wait to see what Peter "builds" for me. Peter is the best - not only in our business relationship but as a friend who has faithfully shared his passion for Collins radios with my dream of owning the very best (IMHO) - the Collins S-Line. Thank you Peter!

KK4PLI Rating: 5/5 Sep 25, 2013 08:55 Send this review to a friend
Repair of 30L-1  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up an early 30L-1 amp from an estate sale - unit powered up but as is the case, needed repair. Sent unit to Peter to check out and determine needed repairs. It required more complicated repairs than expected. Peter stuck with it till he got it performing as a Collins should - and at a reasonable cost given the time and effort apparantly required. Given what was discovered about the unit, probably would have been ahead of the game to pass on the original purchase - - But with Peter's gracious assistance, I felt the overall investment was acceptable. I wholeheartly recommend Peter and Collins Rebuilders!

WA4WDV Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2013 19:53 Send this review to a friend
Well Deserving of a Great Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Like several others you read about in these reviews of Peter’s work, my 516F-2/KWM-2 had stood idle for many (over 10) years. I was afraid to turn them on! I sent them to Peter for evaluation and repair as necessary. He said it was a good thing I hadn’t turned them on – there was a short in the power supply’s HV tuning cap. He found several other problems that I was not aware of, replacing several resistors, a broken ceramic socket, even a 5R4 tube with a 5U4 (embarrassing) in the process. A nice inclusion in his final Alignment and Repair Report was the recorded test power outputs of my 516F-2/KWM-2 on each of its operating bands. Bottom line – super service from a very personable K2LRC. I’m looking forward to using my rig for many years to come! Thanks Peter.

WB8RYX Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2013 07:46 Send this review to a friend
KWM-2A, PM-2,312B-5, 30L-1 WE Refurbish  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Peter did a great job bringing this Collins equipment back to life. This equipment had seen heavy use before being put in storage for 10-15 years. The station was very dirty and in my opinion not safe to even plug in. The KWM-2A sounds fantastic and is superior to my current state of the art digital communications receiver. I could not be more pleased with the service and the cost.