Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | Eimac 3CX1200A7 Help

Reviews Summary for Eimac 3CX1200A7
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$1235
Description: Transmitting Tube

You can write your own review of the Eimac 3CX1200A7.

W3NA Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2014 08:03 Send this review to a friend
What's not to love?  Time owned: more than 12 months
50W grid dissipation, Legal limit output, very forgiving, a breeze to tune up, "instant on" tube. No problem handling 1500 Watts CW (legal limit) with under 100 W drive on all bands with my AL-1200. Occasionally I accidentally use the wrong antenna, drive with 200W (ops), drive with incorrect band, etc... The 3CX1200A7 takes my abuse in stride. With all the talk about the high price and rarity of this tube, I purchased a used one recently for only $500 (on ebay no less!). This is in line with prices of a pair of good used 3CX800's and a good 3CX1500. 1997 date code works as well as the original 10+ years old 3CX1200A7 in the amp. As a DXer I can't count the times I have switched it on and made the DX contact within the time the 3CX1500 would still be warming up.
The amateur market relies on what the commercial market needs for transmitting tubes. It is a shame the commercial demand for this great tube is small. Even so, I highly recommend the 3CX1200A7 tube based on my experience with my AL-1200.

KI0Z Rating: 5/5 Sep 5, 2008 19:03 Send this review to a friend
ONE TOUGH Tube  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Instant on feature of a few tubes like the 3CX1200A7 (3-500,572b),make for rappid use when needed. The 50 watt grid makes for one tough tube . Mine is 20 years old and +30 watts in give +900 watts out ,with more drive giving more than the Amateur service needs! by far......! The MOST Reliable tube Ameritron uses.