Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Breedlove Antenna Mounts Help

Reviews Summary for Breedlove Antenna Mounts
Breedlove Antenna Mounts Reviews: 45 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $85
Description: Breedlove Machine makes a variety of mobile antenna mounts which are
machined from solid brass. The one shown is their ballmount with an
included quick disconnect.

They also make stake pocket mounts, and high-voltage insulators for use
with auto-couplers.
More info: http://breedlovemounts.com

You can write your own review of the Breedlove Antenna Mounts.

WD5GBS Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2017 18:02 Send this review to a friend
Custom Mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Jerry fabricated a custom hitch mount for my HF Antenna. I called him Friday afternoon and I had it in my hands Monday morning (he's in NC and I'm in TX). I had specified certain things I wanted, and specific measurements and he followed them to the tee! I'm very pleased with his attention to detail and the quality of his work. This is the second mount he's fabricated for me and I'll be back for more.

N9MXQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 2, 2016 09:55 Send this review to a friend
So-239 stake pocket mount   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this to mount my Opek HVT-400b on my truck. I thought at first it was a bit pricey.. but you get what you pay for..I may bust the antenna, or rip the quarter panel off my truck,but this mount won't be damaged. Install was simple, quality is excellent..

K9VUJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2016 16:06 Send this review to a friend
More than great mount  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my horizontal trailer receiver hitch mount. One word to describe it is awesome. It is built and I mean built. Bolts nuts bar material everything is oversized. If somebody in the parking lot backs into this, it won't hurt the mount, but might hurt the car backing into it. It holds my antenna and protects my rear bumper at the same time. No kidding.

Dale, K9VUJ

WL7CLA Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2016 04:26 Send this review to a friend
Best made antenna hardware I have ever seen  Time owned: more than 12 months

I have been using a BreedLove ballmount as well as QC and foldover hardware since 2009. Top quality and extremely durable.

N4SLR Rating: 4/5 Jun 15, 2016 20:15 Send this review to a friend
Quality Product but poor documentation  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Says nothing about which screw versus bolt gets center conductor or braid.

I am now not sure figuring out if it is the hookup or the coax that is causing my dead short.

I had a 35 year old Auto Radio store install the ballmount above the headliner.

Not the easiest to get into the screw and bolt to do attachment change. I will not go behind headliner now. If I can get the wires on the hookups I will run from ballmount straight down to radio area in the truck.

Hate to give a 4 because the product is incredible.

NQ9G Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2014 21:50 Send this review to a friend
High Quality, Rock Solid Mounts  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After looking through all of my options for a 3/8-24 mount and not being impressed by the available selection, I stumbled upon the Breedlove mounts website. For a very reasonable cost, I was able to purchase a 3" Puck Mount that fit the bill perfectly. I needed something strong, and didn't want to risk the failure of a cheap ball mount or similar on the highway or when operating portable. I like to operate portable with an MFJ-1979 16.5' telescopic whip, especially from the top of a 6 or 7 story parking garage. Due to the location and size of the antenna, wind loading can get rather high and safety was a very high priority for me. With the 3" diameter mount, it fit just into an area between some bracing on the trunk lid of my car and therefore has just about zero flex even when subjected to 30-40mph winds with that antenna. Just started working some HF mobile as well, and have some HF sticks from MFJ on the way and I have zero doubt that this mount will work spectacularly with them as well. When all is said...spend a few extra dollars for a Breedlove mount, you'll be glad you did.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2014 09:36 Send this review to a friend
Good, functional stuff  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have spoken to Jerry a few times over the years. Always very polite and willing to answer any questions he can.

Recently, I ordered one of the Scorpion foldovers. Jerry was out of the material, so he immediately sent an email to advise that he had received the order but could not get it out the door immediately. I have no problem with this and was appreciative of a business taking the time to inform it's customers when there will be a delay. I believe that most complaints of poor customer service boil down to a lack of communication. This has never been an issue with Jerry.

As for the mount, I believe it is perfect. It is well made and does it's job without issue. Perhaps that I what I like about Breedlove products. They are not the most aesthetically pleasing products like so many other manufacturers seem to produce, but they are uncompromising when it comes to function.

I value function and reliability FAR above aesthetics. Jerry's products are not ugly by any stretch, but the true beauty is in the design.

The mount is BEEFY, solid aluminum block. Jerry includes an easy to understand instruction sheet and even the required allen wrench. The product came together perfectly and installed without issue.

Now, I do not treat my antennas with kid gloves. Anything that is going onto my vehicles must survive weather extremes, heavy offroad use, and little maintenance. The robust Breedlove foldover perfectly compliments the superb design strength of the Scorpion.

In just a week since receiving the order, I already have almost 1k miles on the truck. This is through the unforgiving Wyoming winter. It is so unforgiving that you can look at K0BG's site and see his pics of broken antennas. Some of those pics came from my trucks.

I frequently walk over and vigorously shake the antenna and mount. Again, I am not gentle. I give it hell. The whole truck moves and jostles, but the mount and antenna are rock solid. I did have to do some work to prevent the mount from rotating, but I expected that. I even took some photos and sent them to Jerry. If anybody has the same problem, feel free to email me. I will send you the pics.

All in all, I love it. I can now put my oversize whip onto the antenna, but still drive around town without damage. I use the low bands and am uncompromising when it comes to antenna efficiency. In the vertical position, the antenna is almost 16 feet tall. But with Jerry's foldover, I can easily fit anywhere. And a simple loosening of a few allen bolts will let me put it back to vertical.

I won't ramble anymore, but you get the point of my thought.

WB5VUH Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I think I have the privledge of getting the "first" model 013 quick disconnect for the Scorpion 680-S antenna. This came about with a phone call asking if a 3" round disconnect could be made. I was very pleased that he said "yes" and within a week it arrived. Once installed on my 2"x2" mount on my SUV, I had it powder-coated painted to match the color of my vehnicle along with the other parts that make up the quick disconnect. I like the ability to remove the mount and antenna from my vehicle in 2 easy steps for those times I want to remove it from my vehicle for temporary storage.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
BEYOND "HEAVY DUTY"  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have never seen a mount made like these pocket mounts.They are TOP QUALITY materials & workmanship & worth every dollar they cost.Never seen anything even close to these.Made to handle ANY mobile antenna I've ever seen. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

W5FTV Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Simply Superior  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use Breedlove mounts with BIG and HEAVY mobile antennas. They handily outperform and outlast everything I've tried in forty years of amateur mobile operations. The variety they offer covers virtually any need or special situation. I can't think of any other mounts I'd prefer for a top-tier operation. They ship fast and their customer service is superior.