Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | Breedlove Antenna Mounts Help

Reviews Summary for Breedlove Antenna Mounts
Breedlove Antenna Mounts Reviews: 48 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $85
Description: Breedlove Machine makes a variety of mobile antenna mounts which are
machined from solid brass. The one shown is their ballmount with an
included quick disconnect.

They also make stake pocket mounts, and high-voltage insulators for use
with auto-couplers.
More info: http://breedlovemounts.com

You can write your own review of the Breedlove Antenna Mounts.

WB5VUH Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2014 19:16 Send this review to a friend
Very pleased  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I think I have the privledge of getting the "first" model 013 quick disconnect for the Scorpion 680-S antenna. This came about with a phone call asking if a 3" round disconnect could be made. I was very pleased that he said "yes" and within a week it arrived. Once installed on my 2"x2" mount on my SUV, I had it powder-coated painted to match the color of my vehnicle along with the other parts that make up the quick disconnect. I like the ability to remove the mount and antenna from my vehicle in 2 easy steps for those times I want to remove it from my vehicle for temporary storage.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 09:47 Send this review to a friend
BEYOND "HEAVY DUTY"  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have never seen a mount made like these pocket mounts.They are TOP QUALITY materials & workmanship & worth every dollar they cost.Never seen anything even close to these.Made to handle ANY mobile antenna I've ever seen. {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW

W5FTV Rating: 5/5 Nov 26, 2013 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Simply Superior  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use Breedlove mounts with BIG and HEAVY mobile antennas. They handily outperform and outlast everything I've tried in forty years of amateur mobile operations. The variety they offer covers virtually any need or special situation. I can't think of any other mounts I'd prefer for a top-tier operation. They ship fast and their customer service is superior.

KC0LL Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2013 21:25 Send this review to a friend
Very strong  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using the brass quick disconnects on the top and bottom of my loading coils, usually a 6 inch 80 meter Bug Catcher coil with an 8 foot whip on top. This works great and I can quickly change to another coil for another band. However, I was using the quick disconnects only hand tight and they would sometimes get loose, it never bothered the antenna's operation but over time they got looser. I started giving them a twist with a wrench to keep them tight and that solved the issue. I still use the original ones I bought, and I know they will NEVER wear out.
Also, I have a couple of the 3-3/4 tall HF Insulators I bought from him. I used one to wind a couple 3 inch loops to make a 17 meter loading coil and put quick disconnect on the top and bottom. It works great and I have a high Q 17meter coil that is almost indestructible. I called him a couple of times and he was very nice to deal with.
He has great products at a fair price, especially when you consider they are made in the USA and will last almost forever.

David KCLL
Senior Technician
Action Communications
Tucson, AZ

N3WAK Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2013 14:24 Send this review to a friend
Superb Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have two ball mounts and a puck mount, and a bunch of extras. These things are wonderfully crafted, stronger than a battleship, and work great.

For example, I just drove into my garage after work today...but forgot to take my brand-new, just-installed hamstick off first. The antenna yielded to superior force. I am happy to say, however, that the ball mount did not.

You cannot go wrong with these mounts!

N3UJX Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2013 08:39 Send this review to a friend
Just what I needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently bought the #79 puck mount, and it works flawlessly. Jerry was very patient with me,and after trying the ball mount , the puck fit the bill precisely. Definitely worth every penny. I will be sending Jerry my mount photos soon.

MW1FJK Rating: 5/5 Apr 15, 2013 13:17 Send this review to a friend
Bomb Proof!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought a Ball mount and 4 1/2 backing plate. I could tow a car with it. Brilliantly engineered a masterpiece.

WD8CRQ Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2013 19:14 Send this review to a friend
Ball Mount and Backing Plates  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Excellent product - better by 1000% of any ball mount you would get from radio shack. Its first class workmanship - great service too. It's durable and will hold up for sure. Very impressed. Thanks WD8CRQ

KK5JY Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2012 09:22 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use a combination of several Breedlove products on my truck, to mount large HF antennas. I have had no problems, and the mounts are still in great shape after several years of use.

Yes, the brass parts do slowly brown over time, and if you mate dissimilar metals, you'll want to apply some no-seize compound to aid later disassembly. I remove the brass parts every couple of years and run them for a few minutes in a jewelry/brass cleaner, and they look like new.

I have used the front rail truck bed mount, both quick disconnect types, and the 3/8" pedestal mount. All of them perform flawlessly at the 100W HF level. I have abused them all with continuous exposure to the elements, tree branch strikes, really large antennas, and have had no mechanical failures, and no noticeable drop in efficiency.

The EZ-over mount is excellent. I bought a mount and lots of extra top pieces for my different whips. This lets me leave long antennas on the truck when it is in the garage.

I have attached whips near 30 feet long to this configuration (while parked, of course), and the mount holds up well. My standard highway-use ragchew antenna is right at the legal height limit for Oklahoma. The antenna is fairly well bent from striking trees, but the mount is still solid. This arrangement has enabled me to make dozens of DX and hundreds of domestic QSOs while en-route to visit family.

You can't go wrong with these products. Quick service, and fast shipping.

WA4UF Rating: 5/5 Oct 18, 2012 21:26 Send this review to a friend
First rate, built like the proverbial tank  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Your typical "ball mount" these days is a cheap pot metal casting with a stamped steel over and a teeny little bolt holding it all together. Breedlove's mounts are something entirely different - nicely machined out of big hunks of brass and aluminum, with big beefy bolts. I got a ball mount on a puck and a low profile NMO mount. The ball mount requires some forethought and care in mounting so that the antenna ends up vertical. Both mounts have proven themselves in a demanding environment (read: the antennas are rock solid even at the *cough*cough* speeds I drive, even with a headwind :-) ).

I just swung through Gastonia, NC today and met Jerry Breedlove. He's a nice guy who does first rate work. I came away with another NMO mount (one for the trunk, now one for the roof too). When it comes time to install a screwdriver, Jerry's where I'll go for a mount for it.