Reviews Categories | Ham Repeaters | Micro Computer Concepts Customer GE Mastr II Repeater Help

Reviews Summary for Micro Computer Concepts Customer GE Mastr II Repeater
Micro Computer Concepts Customer GE Mastr II Repeater Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $399.95
Description: These are custom built repeaters using GE Mastr Executive II radios with custom audio circuitry from MCC. You can also have MCC install their own RC-100 or RC-1000 repeater controllers in them, or use your own external controller. Other options available with this repeater include Comm Spec TS-64 tone board, and GE UHS Preamp (if in stock).
More info: http://www.mccrpt.com

You can write your own review of the Micro Computer Concepts Customer GE Mastr II Repeater.

WB5ITT Rating: 4/5 Feb 26, 2013 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Mobiles turn into rptrs...at least they used GEs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Problem with a mobile as a rptr is you have to run the PA at 50% or less power out (yes even with fans)..the mobile PAs are NOT built for rptr duty..if you decide to turn up the power to max or rated out, prepare to see the PA burn up quickly. Also, turning the power down can cause current draw issues (the PAs are NOT as efficient at 1/2 power or less than it is at full power). Best thing to do on a 100w mobile is bypass the 100w stage and run the driver to the Low Pass filter...you'll get about 45w out and no PA damage. As to audio, the overall audio is due to the GE..however, I have heard a couple of MCC converts with a mid range contoller on it and the audio on the output was muffled compared to the input. Personally I build my own audio section and FM the Exec II exciter (which BTW the radio in the picture on this review is that of the Mastr Exec II, NOT the Mastr II model) and run flat audio through my controllers and rptrs with no de/pre emphasis in the rptr chain. Local out and input audio DOES get de and pre emphasis to match rptr quality. I have 3 GE EXEC II and one MVP rptrs running flat audio and you cannot tell the difference..plus they pass PL tones as well..My UHF GE Mastr II is set for standard audio (de-emphasis on the rcvr and pre-emphasis on the Phase modulated exciter and with a RLC3 inline, it too could pass 100Hz PL..just not as hot as it should have been. Rptr audio was perfect but that I owe to the GE quality..MCC makes it easy for you to just buy it and not have to do the mods yourself..I would advise to mod the exciter to FM and add a limiter/filter stage for even better audio quality if you are going to in a linked situation. For a stand alone box, it should do ok

W4QXL Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2013 21:23 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT Repeater and Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just replaced a Motorola Radius repeater with the MCC GE Mastr Exec II repeater. I have to say, it's one of the BEST sounding machines I've ever heard! Our 440 machine sounds great, works great, and was a cinch to get on the air! We had the RC-1000V controller (w/voice and autopatch) installed as well as the tone board. It works like a charm. Took me just a little bit of reading to figure out the controller...probably would've had it online quicker if I didn't suffer from ADHD! Haha! The autopatch sounds GREAT and it overall works GREAT! This repeater also has really good "ears". Doing a range check and there's areas we could barely key-up from before...well...not anymore! Ron Wright and Micro Computer Concepts is great to work with and his level of customer service (and hours of availability) is second to none! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

KD8BIW Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2010 18:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Repeater Package!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Our radio club bought a 2M from Ron as a back-up to our MASTR II system a little over a year ago. When the MASTR II died recently, we put this on the air in a few short minutes. We ordered ours with the RC-100, UHS preamp, and TS-64DS installed. I was already familiar with the controller, so programming only took a few minutes. Well a substantial difference in audio quality and receiver performance were noticed almost immediately! When the old MASTR II was put back into service, several members commented on the poor audio and receiver. So, we decided to replace the MASTR II with the Exec II permanetly. We wired up the club's CAT-1000 controller and put it on the air. It has been that way for nearly 2 months, and not a single blib or smudge in the performance. We are running the transmitter at 15 watts driving a MASTR IIe power amp at 70 watts. Even with the increased power, the receiver still keeps pace, making the system well balanced. To see pics of the repeater in service, and more information, visit http://www.n8ihi.com/repeaters.html or if your in the Ashland, OH area, dial up 147.105 [71.9] and give the N8IHI repeater a try! Thanks and 73s to all!

Steve KD8BIW
Repeater Tech-Treasurer
Ashland Area Amateur Radio Club
n8ihi@yahoo.com

VE7IG Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2009 08:57 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been operating a 440 Mhz version of this repeater continuously for 8 years now and it has performed flawlessly giving excellent coverage all over the area. The version I have produces 63 watts output from the Sinclair Q3220 duplexer into a length of 7/8th inch heliax up my tower to a Hustler G6-440 antenna. The RC-1000V controller has voice and cw ident and many other features. The repeater setup is small, pretty well plug-and-play and dependable. Visit http://ve7ig.ws/ve7zigrpt2.html for more info and pictures.

N1RIK Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2008 08:06 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Repeater  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently purchased a 2 meter VHF repeater from Ron Wright at Micro Computer Concepts to replace an older repeater I had. One of the main reasons I purchased from him was because he services his own repeaters. I had him fill the repeater with all the cuts and trimmings: RC-100 repeater controller, VID-1 Voice ID board, TS-64 tone encode/decode board, and GE UHS Preamp. The total bill ran me $700 plus shipping with the extra options. Currently the repeater is running great with a compact Celwave 5042-1 duplexer on 145.370 in Southern Pines, NC. According to the paper work from Ron Wright, the sensitivity of the repeater without the preamp is 0.33 uV for 12 db SINAD (better than specs), and with the preamp, 0.16 uV for 12 db SINAD. My friend Dan, WA4PXV put the repeater on his analyzer and was able to open the squelch at the lowest setting on his unit, which was 0.07 uV. By the time you got to 0.1 uV, it was a Q5 signal. For what you get out of this repeater and the cost, it's a pretty good deal. Not to mention the audio is crip, and features a status panel with lights on the front, and an accessory port to plug in your link radio. CTCSS functions are all prewired to my RC-100 controller to turn on and off. This truly was a plug and play repeater. Feel free to try my repeater out if your in the Sandhills area of NC - 145.37 - PL tone 179.9 hz. ~ 73 ~ Bill