Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Yaesu VC-25 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu VC-25
Yaesu VC-25 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 2.5/5 MSRP: $$62
Description: Light weight headset for Yaesu HTs with a 4-element speaker/mic input plug like the FT-60R.
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu VC-25.

VA3LIP Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2014 06:18 Send this review to a friend
Its an update to the Below Review  Time owned: 6 to 12 months

The mike is still going strong, both VOX and PPT functions, I have just stopped using the microphone-speaker all together. I just use this headset-mike all the time.
Now for the interesting thing. I tried to use it with my Iphone 5s, and it worked perfectly well !!! I was able to hear through the headphone and speak through the mike without pushing the PPT button.

NE6RD Rating: 0/5 Sep 18, 2008 00:21 Send this review to a friend
works great until it breaks in a few weeks  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When it works it is great. Sound is good. When used in the car, the cable is nice and long. The clip holds the seat belt nicely. It is very comfortable.

The bad part. It is meant to be treated very gingerly, or the boom mic or the PTT fails FAST. First one failed in 2 months. Yaesu replaced it. I did have to pay for shipping. So the cost was $10. The second failed in a month. Not bothering to deal with another repair. So in the end, $80 in the trash.

I've met many people who love this headset. When it worked, so did I. I have $20 PC headphones that can take more abuse and have worked for years.

I have been using a a Heil Traveler as a replacement for over a month under the same conditions. No issues. Although the heil is heavier and the headband is not as comfortable.