Reviews Categories | Tower and Antenna Installers | Hudson Valley Towers Help

Reviews Summary for Hudson Valley Towers
Hudson Valley Towers Reviews: 52 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Reasonable Priced
Description: Plans, installs, maintains all tower accessories,including antennas, rotors, switches, cabling, lightning protection, tower painting and in shack help. Years of Experience, meticulous and friendly
More info: http://www.hudsonvalleytowers.com

You can write your own review of the Hudson Valley Towers.

K1XV Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2011 04:16 Send this review to a friend
Expert service. Stand behind their work  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was visit #3 by HVT to the K1XV Qth over the last few years.

A severe ice storm in March 2011 damaged my stack of Force 12 antennas that had been up for 8 years. After consultation with Ray and Lee, I made the decision to replace all the Force 12 HF antennas with a Steppir DB36.

The DB36 was ordered, and a visit from HVT scheduled to remove my old antennas (for which they gave me a trade in value), assemble the db36, and put it up on the Tri-Ex sky needle. The installation required an equipment lift. I provided HVT with the name of the local equipment rental firm, and they took it from there.

The boxes arrived from Steppir on a Wednesday, and HVT was there three days later to start the project. Weather was not fully cooperative, so the project could not be completed by sunday night. They returned on Tuesday to finish the job. To my amazement, the DB36 worked as advertised on the first try, meaning that the antenna assembly was carefully and skillfully completed by Ray and Lee.

A couple of weeks later, it became obvious that some adjustment on the tower was necessary. HVT returned within a week to make the necessary adjustments, including arranging again for the personnel lift. Because Ray and Lee thought the problem was something they should have caught the first time, I was charged nothing for this return visit, and they even absorbed the cost of the equipment rental.

I cannot say more in praise of HVT. My former installer (who is no longer in the business) could not provide this level of timely support.

If you are putting up a complex and costly antenna, as the DB36 is, you would have to be out of your mind to try to try to do the job yourself without professional help. The DB36 is complex, and the assembly instructions are often less than clear. The patience and persistence displayed by Ray and Lee are top notch.

Their charges are reasonable for what they do, and they stand behind their work. If you are a "cheap ham" who think that you should get a weekend's work out of two knowledgeable guys for $250 dollars, forget it.

Reliable, friendly, knowledgeable. What more can you ask for?

Highly recommended. By the way, the Steppir DB36 runs circles around my old Force 12 stacked antennas, and they worked pretty well.

K3BVU Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2011 11:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ray and Lee arrived on time and worked hard-- in 90 degree heat-- for over twelve hours to tear down my old, non-functioning Cushcraft and put up my Force 12 antenna. There were many problems encountered in erecting and tuning the Force 12, because of poor documentation and other factors. However, Lee and Ray were able to overcome all the obstacles and the antenna appears to be working well. So far, in eleven months, I have worked 227 countries an 47 states just with that antenna, which covers 40 through ten meters.
Ain't nothing like knowin' how.
Professionalism and reasonable rates make Hudson Valley Towers the first choice when one wants to erect and antenna correctly.

WA2PJI Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2011 19:47 Send this review to a friend
Another Great Experience  Time owned: months
My tower has been up for a long time -- more than 20 years. Thanks to regular inspection and maintenance by Ray and Lee, my tower continues to provide me with great service and peace of mind. They are reasonably priced and offer a thoroughly professional and quality service.

N8CL Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2010 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Great to work with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a winter storm took out my tower, I wanted professional help, and Ray and Lee spent much time (and a lot of e-mails) walking me through the process of deciding on a tower and antennas. On the first visit they set the tower and guy bases, and a month later spent three days putting everything together and up in the air. The project went like clockwork, and the many hams in town who visited the installation commented how good these guys were. Lee, Ray and Lori stayed at our house, and Roz and I could not have asked for better guests. The project came in on budget, and my only regret is not going even higher--with more aluminum! Maybe another year. Highly recommended.
Chuck, N8CL

K3EL Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2010 18:36 Send this review to a friend
Great to work with  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

I am very happy with the work done for me by Lee and Ray from Hudson Valley Towers. They installed a 40' guyed tower with hf and vhf antennas. When I first contacted them, I had an idea of what I wanted, and a lot of different possible options. With their advice over multiple emails and phone calls, they helped me narrow down the choices.

When it came to doing the install, I appreciated the flexibility to choose exactly what parts of the job they would do, and what I would do. Working with them on this project was both a pleasure and a learning experience for me. If I need tower work done in the future, I won't hesitate to contact HVT.

73, Dave, K3EL

K2UV Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2010 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Versatile, reliable,maleable, reasonable, capable.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have worked with excellent antenna and tower installers before, and have the technical skills and dexterity to do most of the work myself. In fact, using pulleys, rollers and mechanical advantage, I even installed my 89 foot motorized five section tower myself years ago. But that was "years ago", and my fear of heights blossomed to full blown since then. As much as I prefer self reliance, it is no longer possible . The winter's snow and ice storms destroyed my rotator and upper log periodic. The coaxes also snapped as the mess became a weather vane. In addition, I had not been on 160 and 80 in years. It took a couple trips to get it all right,but Lee and Ray were great to work with-congenial and reliable. They tempered my hair-brained schemes, and helped evolve my doable creativity. A heavier duty rotator was installed, a Force 12 DXER-plus for 20,17,15 , and an N1012 above that for those bands. In addition, a rotatable 30 meter wire inverted vee was installed in the plane of the mast and booms. Ray and Lee suggested a wire vertical with elevated radials, and I expanded the idea to use an old Telrex trap, so the contraption works quite well on 80/40. They got my 160 inv el back up, and even installed E/W and N/S beverages along my property lines. Now they are dragging me into the modern age of remote switching, so I will be able to switch between up to 6 rigs and 6 amps ( I said "up to"!). They are working hard on getting me to go SO2R. I am very pleased to have the relationship, and will be relying upon them again. Thankfully,they are not prima donnas. 73,Warren,K2UV

KC2CYE Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2010 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Extremely Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was extremely impressed with the professional work that both Ray and Lee performed. They installed a 48 Ft Rohn tower with Four antennas and I am more than pleased with the performance. I will be using them again in the near future!

W1SMS Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2010 11:29 Send this review to a friend
Professional and Skilled  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Each amateur tower & antenna installation is as individual as its owner. Ray and Lee have provided a successful installation based on initial and in-situ discussion of the task, competent workmanship and completion of the project.
This installation had a number of challenges including extremely hot and humid weather, interfering tree limbs as well as a few un-expected mechanical fit-up issues. All were expertly resolved using a team effort.
I am pleased to recommend Hudson Valley Towers for your project.

W2MV Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2010 14:29 Send this review to a friend
Excellent - again!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ray and Lee showed up on time, actually a bit early.
They replaced my old rotor very carefully, which included using a Sawzall to remove the old bolts, and cutting the rotor plate so that the cable would fit properly. No minor obstacle ever turned into a problem. The job was done as if the installation was their own, which I appreciate and is rare these days. The system was checked before the new rotor was installed, as well as after...no rush job, just good work.

K2VF Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2010 15:38 Send this review to a friend
Ontime Done right  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ray and Lee were great to deal with and very professional. They came on time and the work was done well with attention to detail. After the job was complete they cleaned up and the work area was pristine. The job was not rushed which is a rarity nowadays.