Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | K.W. (E-ZEE) Match Help

Reviews Summary for K.W. (E-ZEE) Match
K.W. (E-ZEE) Match Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $1995.00
Description: 80m - 10m Balanced ATU

You can write your own review of the K.W. (E-ZEE) Match.

VE3GZB Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2014 15:39 Send this review to a friend
Hard to beat!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The first rig I ever owned once I got my license was a KW2000B which included the E-Zee match. I still have my E-Zee match, it's a great tuner, very durable and a pleasure to use.

I have to echo what other hams may say, that is if you get a chance to buy an E-Zee tuner then do not hesitate!

G0UOO Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2012 06:32 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Simple Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use mine on a 66ft doublet with about 30ft of 300 Ohm ladder line. It'll tune the antenna from 80 through to 10Mtrs (inc 60Mtrs) with no nasties. It's nicely made using quality components, and although not a high power unit it's certainly good for 100 - 200 Watts. I shall not be selling it!

M3KQT Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2012 13:38 Send this review to a friend
PROPER TUNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WHAT CAN I SAY LOVE THIS TUNER TO BITS IT TUNES LIKE A DREAM IT MIGHT BE OLD BUT IT WAS BUILT TO DO A JOB AND IT DOES AN EXELENT JOB OF IT. IF YOU GET A CHANE TO BUY ONE DO NOT HESITATE BUY IT WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT AND STEAR CLEAR OF THE SMOKING MFJ RUBBISH THAT WIL BURN YOUR POCKET.

G4GZG Rating: 4/5 Mar 31, 2012 08:23 Send this review to a friend
Good with some antennas but not a panacea for all  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used one of these for years with a variety of antennas.Its a very good ATU with open wire or 300 ohm twin fed and works well with a centre fed doublet or windom fed this way. But it doesn't have the complex impedance matching ability of an SPC and will arc over at less than 100W if an odd mixture of high Z, Xc and Xl are encountered. Another issue is that you will need to switch feeders for working on 20M and above or below 20M or be forever changing the feeder at the back of the ATU.
The circuit design is called a Z match and originally featured as a multiband tank circuit in QST back in the late 1940s. There are better designs now although the Z match can be excellent for some applications.

G8GMU Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2012 00:35 Send this review to a friend
Wouldn't be without it  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does exactly what is says on the tin. Easy to use & it matches antennas. O K it's big & not pretty by modern standards. I have thrown all my coax away for HF working & use 300 Ohm ribbon.
The E-ZEE match is my main tuner for my delta loop & doublet. As Tony Hancoock would have said," Its the best 500 quids worth I have ever spent". It actually cost 30.00 at a rally. If you see one buy it, they a becoming rare.
Top tip, if you use on of these strap the centre teminals together and connect your feeder to the two remaining outer terminals. This saves having to swap between to band selector connectors at the rear, it tunes 20 to 80 Metres on the two front control knobs.

G4LDS Rating: 5/5 Feb 16, 2012 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used one of these in the 80's when first licensed and during the years/moves lost it!! When I found one a few years ago on E-Bay, I brought it and am glad! A true Balanced aerial, can handle UK max power of 400w (like most tune up on low power first)with a bit of common sense. If you want a great (ok its bit bigger then todays AMUs) AMU & see one for sale, Well worth the wait!!!

M0TSX Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2010 16:29 Send this review to a friend
perfect atu for doublet  Time owned: more than 12 months
i was first introduced to the kw [e-zee]match atu by the late m0vcf ,clive informed me that it would be the best option for tuning my 66ft doublet,its always kept the swr safe on 80 meters , i bought one in 2005 for 40 & its allways been connected to my kenwood ts 870 with no issues.

26JLH Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2009 16:29 Send this review to a friend
cud this be boozee  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
ok very good tunes wires and dipoles and vees.
very well made coils built like the brick out house good caps no cheep rubish here,only one problem,,they dont make um anymore,much better than the modern cheep toys with dogey caps and baluns you will not need a balun so you dont loose all that lovley power..jeff M6GLH.

Grotty Lamur Hotel..

GM1FLQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2008 05:20 Send this review to a friend
Older IS usually better  Time owned: more than 12 months
For those using balanced feedlines this is a proper balanced atu - no lossy ferrite baluns inside this tuner. Glad this is an overlooked & generally unmentioned bit of kit as I also picked mine up for not a lot. The only major problem (apart from being only rated at 400w PEP) with this great little piece of kit is it is not flash enough (no tv screen or flashing lights) for the uninformed.....great!!

M0VEY Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2008 00:43 Send this review to a friend
Great, simple Balanced ATU  Time owned: more than 12 months
Having been around a number of years & still appearing on the second hand market, I don't know why this product hasn't already been reviewed.

Whilst not capable of high power, you will have no problems running your 100w or 200w radio with this atu.

I'm using an Icom IC-775DSP & have the KW E-ZEE Match plugged into antenna 2 port. I have a NOV for 5mhz & cut a dipole for this band. I fed the dipole with 75ohm flat twin. This is where the Z Match comes in.

Using an Avair swr meter, it is so easy to tune the antenna for resonance on all the 5mhz frequencies. The antenna will even load up on 40m, although I have more efficient antennas for that frequency.

I don't really have a bad thing to say about this cheap n cheerful atu. If you can pick one up for around 50 it will be money well spent.

Are there any negatives ? Just one that I can think of, but even this can be remedied. This atu is permanently tuned. There is no thru position. I've even seen details on the internet regards modification.

With a thru position as well as a tuned one this would be an excellent low power atu.

If anyone has done the mod, I'd love to hear from you, please drop me an e-mail.

Regards,