Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-680R Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-680R
Yaesu FT-680R Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: FT-680R 6m 10w All Mode
(Web site missing—add URL)

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-680R.

WB5UDI Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2007 17:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 6m rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off, I have only had this rig for 2 weeks.

But it certainly delivers all-modes on 6 meters. I have operated CW, SSB, AM and FM in the time I have had it. It's 10 watts have allowed me to receive reports of 5/9+ when the band is open, using just a simple 1/4 wavelength ground plane vertical.

The rig is simple yet elegant. It doesn't do tones (without an optional encoder) so you wont' be getting into repeaters that require them.

It is rugged and works right off 12vdc.

I may revisit this review after I had logged some more miles on it, but I will be hard pressed to add much more that I have just stated.

Stan
WB5UDI
Parker, CO

N2CKH Rating: 5/5 Jun 12, 2001 16:23 Send this review to a friend
Excellent 6m All Mode  Time owned: more than 12 months
The Yaesu FT-680R was one of a series of rigs to include the FT-480R for 2m and the FT-780R for 70cm. All have CW, SSB and FM. The FT-680R features CW, AM, USB and FM. A 10/1 watt rig it has a blue floresant display and optical encoder VFO with selectable Clarifier memories and scan.
This radio has served me well since 1980 ! It became the backup around 1991 when I bought an FT-736R.