Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Henry 2KD (Orginal) Help

Reviews Summary for Henry 2KD (Orginal)
Henry 2KD (Orginal) Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $675.00
Description: Desk top legal limit amplifier. 10-80 meters. Seperate power supply. Built like a tank.

You can write your own review of the Henry 2KD (Orginal).

WU8I Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2014 17:00 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Gave it a rating of "5" because anything else simply wouldn't be true. Built with quality components that are rock solid. Got mine from my brother without a power supply. However he had been collecting parts for a PS for a while and had everything necessary...most of them Henry PS components. Two almost NOS 4-400a tubes instead of the 3-400's. I always get great signal reports and audio quality reports. Be careful tuning if you've never owned a tube driven amp. I fully expect it to last my lifetime...it's that good. If you have the opportunity to pick one up cheap, do so. If it needs work, and you're handy with a volt/ohmmeter, you'll have no problems getting it running....easy to work on! I get an easy 1000 watts out with 2500-2700 VDC on the plates with the 4-400a tubes. 3-500 tubes would get you a an s-unit or so higher, but I'm happy with it. Truly a quality built piece of equipment!

SM5SRR Rating: 5/5 Oct 3, 2012 02:54 Send this review to a friend
Impressive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Yes, this is an old amplifier built around 1965. Now don't let the age fool you. This thing is very well designed with the chimneys around the tubes as per Eimac instructions. Mine has the original power supply and the original 3-400Z tubes. Even though the tubes were still good, I replaced with the 3-500Z tubes as these have a beter gain. I also added the vacuum relay mod with sequencer. The amp puts out an easy 1 KW and the blower is surprisingly quiet. If you have never used a tube amplifier before, read the manual so you understand the tuning procedure. Respect the tubes current limitation and they will last you a long time. After a while, you get so used to the tuning procedure that it is performed in an instant. Henry was always considered the Rolls-Royce of amplifiers. Having seen how mine is built, I find that reputation to be justified.

N5VU Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2008 16:57 Send this review to a friend
Built like a tank!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Even though I have had this amplifier for a short time, I have had many amps and this one by far, is built to last. Other than the power supply weighing a ton, after all of these years, it is still an amplifier. Some gear that is over 40 years old is placed on a shelf just to look at. Not my elder Henry. He still clocks in to work!