Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Alinco DR-06T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DR-06T
Alinco DR-06T Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: 50 watt FM 6 Meter Mobile
More info: http://www.alinco.com/usa.html

You can write your own review of the Alinco DR-06T.

W8STU Rating: 4/5 Jul 23, 2014 09:35 Send this review to a friend
NICE RIG  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
WHEN I PURCHASED THIS TRANSCEIVER FROM HRO I COULD NOT WAIT TO RECEIVE IT. AFTER RECEIVING IT I HOOKED IT UP TO THE POWER SUPPLY AND TURNED IT ON. I FOUND IT WAS EASY TO PROGRAM. I WAS HAPPY TO GET ON THE MAGIC BAND. ONE PROBLEM. AFTER SIX MONTHS OF ON AIR QSO'S THE TRANSCEIVER WOULD NOT POWER UP. I DON'T KNOW IF I RECEIVED A BAD ONE OR NOT. I SENT IT TO ALINCO FOR WARRANTY REPAIR. I WOULD OF GAVE THE TRANSCEIVER A 5, BUT I GAVE IT A 4 FOR THE WARRANTY REPAIR. IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO GET ON THE MAGIC BAND I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE ALINCO DR-06T. 73, STU W8STU

N0EQ Rating: 4/5 Aug 29, 2009 17:38 Send this review to a friend
Squelch Knob, Hot Mic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I own several Alinco radios. HTs, mobiles. I like them all. Sturdily built, generally intuitive to use.

Two modest complaints about this radio -
1) No squelch knob. You have to hit a function key and then twist a knob. To me, a mobile radio has three knobs that HAVE to be dedicated. Channel selector, volume and SQUELCH. The earlier Alinco's were better in that respect. Let me keep my eyes on the road and FEEL for the squelch knob, don't force me to hit a function button (one of several that feel similar) and then go find another knob.

2) Mic level setting is WAY too hot in stock config. I don't talk loud. But I talk close. Mobile mics are traditionally built that way to act "noise cancelling" against the ambient noise in a vehicle. Based on the live signal reports I was getting with this mic and settings, I needed to back off from the mic about 6-8 inches. That AND continue to talk in a very quiet voice. Other, local 6m users said they had to go into the radio with a service monitor and tweak it to tame the gain.

Other than those two complaints, it's a solid, inexpensive radio. I have no idea what to do with the db9 connector on the thing.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke