Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Tonna F9FT 23 el 23cm model 20623 Help

Reviews Summary for Tonna F9FT 23 el 23cm model 20623
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 1.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 23cm 23 element yagi

You can write your own review of the Tonna F9FT 23 el 23cm model 20623.

G4TRA Rating: 3/5 Jul 9, 2010 16:06 Send this review to a friend
DIY UHF  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am using a 35 element version for transmit on my duplex ATV station accompanied by a Mastpro 24 element for receive. Yes you do have to put the elements and their supports together and this can take a little time, but the real pain is the poor quality “clip on” to the main boom element supports, which eventually fall of. Very poor.
In comparison the Mastpro product is much superior. However it’s been up for about ten years now, so can’t be that bad. There’s a picture of the system on my page if you are interested.
G4RNI Rating: 0/5 Oct 4, 2008 07:54 Send this review to a friend
Expensive junk  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
At 60 GB Pounds ($120 ish) the last thing I expected was for it to arrive in kit form. And no, I don't just mean 2 halves to be joined together.
You get 2 boom halves, fair enough, a support bar and mounting hardware. Ok again.
What I DO NOT ACCEPT is a bag of 22 elements which have to be hammered home through plastic stand off brackets to make the antenna.
The elements are reasonably soft material and bend very easily but must be knocked home to exacting tolerances in prder to preserve the claimed performance.
As a former communications technician I often called my hammer a fine tuner but this is RIDICULOUS!
My advice, DO NOT BUY!!! For around 20 GBP less I could have bought a Sandpiper product.