Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | UR5EQF LOG Help

Reviews Summary for UR5EQF LOG
UR5EQF LOG Reviews: 17 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $FREEWARE
Description: Great Log FREEWARE Program that integrates MMVARI module for digital modes.
More info: http://ur5eqf.com/

You can write your own review of the UR5EQF LOG.

LB2TB Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2014 04:37 Send this review to a friend
Getting LoTW and Country list updated again  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hello,

I've been using this fantastic logprogram for several years. I'm very sad that UR5EQF went silent key. He made a very good logprogram!!

I cannot expect any updates of it anymore - but, that said, what should be updated? - It works perfectly!!

1. Recently there has been a change in ARRL LoTW adress. You must do the following to get in touch with LoTW directly from the program:

Go into you HOST file, located here:
Windos - System32 - Drivers - Etc.

Locate the HOST file and make an entry at the end of the file (without the hashtag)

12.178.70.18 p1k.arrl.org

2. Next - you would like to update your country, manager, awards and mode files from time to time.

In the program, go to Settings - Adjusting interface - When the program starts - and then to the flip "Get information from internet".

Go into the Download button and add respectively:

Country: http://ur1004swl.ucoz.ru/UR5EQF/countrylist.zip

QSL Manager list: http://ur1004swl.ucoz.ru/UR5EQF/managerlist.zip

Awards list: http://ur1004swl.ucoz.ru/UR5EQF/awards.zip

Mode list: http://ur1004swl.ucoz.ru/UR5EQF/modes.xml

This makes the program run perfectly again. The old UR5EQF web site is down as of 1st october 2014 (end of payment). No more files can be downloaded from there.

I've been looking around for a replacement program, but now that i found these informations on the russian site forum.qrz.ru (translated via google) it seems I can continue to enjoy this program for a long time!

73's de Lars,
LB2TB

OK4FX Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2014 04:04 Send this review to a friend
Better logger then all the rest I tried   Time owned: more than 12 months
I am somewhat late with my review as Vladimir UR5EQF is no longer with us. It is big loss for community. But logger has living forum with many users (in russian language) so its future might not be so black.

UR5EQF's site was closed, but many infos including hyperlinks for download are on dedicated forum http://forum.qrz.ru/log-ur5eqf/12480-log-ot-ur5eqf.html

VE3VDX Rating: 5/5 Apr 19, 2014 14:24 Send this review to a friend
UR5EQF - SK  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sad News - Vladimir UR5EQF passed away today....RIP

VE3VDX Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2014 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Very functional!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use it for over 2 years now and like pretty much everything about it. Uploading LOTW files is a blast! The only con is that 60 m band is not included. Now that Canadian HAMs have been granted 60 m band I see myself spending more time there, in fact I just logged my first QSO with K1ZK and when tried uploading I got an error message from LOTW as this band does not exist in UR5EQF. Otherwise strongly recommend it.

VE3TMT Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2012 11:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a long time user of MixW so I was excited to give this one a try to see how it compares. I doubt I will use MixW anymore. The big issue I had with MixW was the spotter. It would drop out all the time, and I had to have my second serial port set for either CW or RTTY, but couldn't do both at the same time. I installed UR5EQF and played with it for a few hours. Once I got familiar with programming the macros I uninstalled it and did a fresh install. YES IT WILL UNINSTALL. Run CCleaner, it will delete everything including the registry entries.

I love all the macros, using an old TS940 this is a godsend. I use about 20 of the macros for frequency memories, just click on the macro and the radio tunes to the right frequency and mode. The spotter function works great and one click and I am there. I was also able to get both the CW and RTTY keying functioning at the same time. You can upload your QSO's directly to LOTW too!

I have only had the program installed for a few days, but so far I like what I see. For freeware it is a great program. I find it copies PSK31 just as well as MixW did. Can't wait until the next RTTY contest. I purchased N1MM for contesting but find it too complicated and couldn't get it to key my FSK line on the 940.

N4WVE Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2012 07:20 Send this review to a friend
Best Logger Ever!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I found this logging program quite by accident. I downloaded it after reading these reviews and am totally blown away! Plus, it's free! The bugs mentioned in the much earlier reviews have all been fixed, Vladimir issues updates on a regular basis and the program automatically checks for and installs the latest update. It is a GREAT DX program, but not a contest logger. If all you want is a 59 and serial number, this is not for you. If you really want to know who you are speaking with, where they are and other useful info, then this is your program! You can contact the author with questions and he responds rapidly. There are many posts on QRZ.RU which is easily translated into English as well. It IS NOT difficult to uninstall! This is a keeper!

LB2TB Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 22:05 Send this review to a friend
The best?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have tried a lot of different programs since I had to let Swisslog go about 5-6 months ago after using it for 18 years!

I can say that UR5EQF-log is absolutely one of the best out there. Play around with the settings (all in english)and you can customize it to most of your wishes.

I like the "many windows interface" and have the necessary windows open to my preference.

It has a great interface to eQSL, LoTW, HRDLog.net and possibly more. It also has a great look-up tool that can check more than one source for callsign, name etc. (i.e. qrz.com, hamqth.com, qrz.ru, cqham.ru and uarl.com.ua) which means that almost every callsign you work will have some additional info from one of the sources.

It downloads pictures from the sources you like (very often QRZ.com pictures) and this gives a great extra bonus when working qso's

I know that many of the other programs out there does mutch the same, but haven't found a single program with all of this together.

Different ways to connect to clusters and a nice Spot Master showing cluster spots on a frequency scale. Clickable to tune your rig to the DX freq in a split second.

Interfacing to the rig is flawless and works like a sharm. Updates instantly!

UR5EQF-log has a nice Award Manager.

Give it a try!

Tip: If you go to the webpage (http://www.ur5eqf.com) using Google Chrome, you may use the instant translate to get the page in Your preferred language.

73's de Lars
LB2TB

K2PAL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2012 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Free and the Best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with OK1HDU in 2010, but today the best program.
Thank you very much to the author of the program and all the people who helped him refine it.
If he is such a program provides free, one can say he's a real ham.
Alex ,AG2T ex K2PAL

LU1DZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2012 06:19 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great...!!!

One of the best loogbook and very friendly to use.

ZL3TRR Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2011 16:38 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT PROGRAM  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
UR5EQF Log Software is the BEST.
I have tried them all . Mixw, HRD etc. They have nothing on this program.
This program has many options with it and is easy to understand and far better than HRD.
Just hi Lite the callsign or input to the window and the program looks up with all the data displayed on the screen. You can even see photos of the person. The Map or globe is excellent for beam headings etc and the Telenet is a bonus.
Re Uninstall. The previous couple of reviews have mentioned they had problems uninstalling well It can be uninstalled if you look in the program files of the UR5EQF directory you will see an uninstall exacutable file which removes the program.

My thanks goes to UR5EQF and supporting developers for this excellent program.

GIVE IT A TRY-- its the BEST.
John ZL3TRR