Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | UR5EQF LOG Help

Reviews Summary for UR5EQF LOG
UR5EQF LOG Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $FREEWARE
Description: Great Log FREEWARE Program that integrates MMVARI module for digital modes.
More info: http://ur5eqf.com/

You can write your own review of the UR5EQF LOG.

OK1HDU Rating: 0/5 Jan 9, 2010 12:40 Send this review to a friend
never more  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Lots of windows, lots of bells and whistles, but unpredictable behaviour. Almost useless for contests. I wanted to try it, so I instaled it. But unfortunately it is impossible to uninstal it in a simple way. So be very aware to install it. It is quite difficult to get rid of it.

N9TA Rating: 0/5 Dec 13, 2009 04:17 Send this review to a friend
no thanks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried it...didn't like it...and found there was NO way to uninstall it!! Spent the next hour doing "System Restores" to get rid of it!! Users beware.

WB4M Rating: 4/5 Dec 12, 2009 21:01 Send this review to a friend
One of the better freeware loggers  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
UR5EQF is combination logger/telnet/digital program, although it is billed a logging program. It has many features, just as most other programs do. I won't go into all of the features since they have been listed in the other reviews, but instead I'll say what I don't like about it. First of all, there is no English manual or help files; at least I have been unable to find one. Help files included are in Spanish, Czech, Ukrainian, and Polish languages. The home page is all in Russian and I don't speak Russian. However, being familiar with just about all programs like this one, I have been able to figure out how to make things work. Within the program, there are English words, tags and labels so you pretty much can tell what's what. There are still a few things I just cannot figure out though and an English manual would really help.
One other irritant is like some other programs, almost too much info is trying to be presented on the screen, resulting in tabs and buttons to be quite small, at least on my old 17-inch monitor.
The digital module has an odd quirk. When sending RTTY or PSK, when I click on a macro button, the contents are sometimes sent 2 or 3 times. I've also had the program lock up when using macros, but this has only happened a few times and not regularly. One of my favorite features is the very simple interface with LoTW and eQSL, and callbook or QRZ look up. I think this program is pretty much like Logger32 as a general logger with digital interface. Give it a try and if you find a source for an English help file or docs, drop me an email.

HP1BYS Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2009 10:18 Send this review to a friend
GOOD SOFTWARE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
THIS PROGRAM IS GREAT, I USE THE LOQ-EQF AFTER THE WIN-EQF, BUT THIS IS 100% WINDOWS, YOU CAN WORK DIFFERENT WAYS, TESTIND THE CLUSTER, CALCULATE THE PROPAGATION, ESTABLISHED AT QRZ.COM, INTERCONNECTING THE RADIO WITH THE COMPUTER, WORKING CONTEST, CALCULATE DIPLOMA, AND MORE, ETC. I CHANGE FOR THIS PROGRAM INMEDIATLY. TRUTH IS IN A GOOD LOG. THANK VLADIMIR. 73 DX ELIO

N2HO Rating: 5/5 Apr 9, 2009 13:32 Send this review to a friend
excellent log  Time owned: more than 12 months
Free, a lot of features, has interface in English, Spanish, Russian, Czech and Polish languages, help file in English and Spanish. Supports DX telnet, has contest and digital communications module.

EA2DCF Rating: 5/5 Oct 6, 2008 06:29 Send this review to a friend
Great Log FREEWARE Program with very nice interface  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Great Log FREEWARE Program with very nice interface that integrates MMVARI module for digital modes, Dxcluster, world map, qsl control, stats controls and awards, ready for principal contest, take info of callsing from qrz.com, qrz.ru and others, integration too with mmsstv and mixw.
Conclusion: Great Software, thanks Vladimir!!