Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Palomar Engineers Balun Kit BA-8 Help

Reviews Summary for Palomar Engineers Balun Kit BA-8
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $16.50
Description: Palomar balun kits are 1:1 current baluns. They consist of large ferrite beads (total length 5-1/2 inches) that slip over the coax. Also included are three lengths of shrink tubing to enclose the balun and hold it in place on the cable. The baluns work from 3.5 to 1000 MHz and allow use of RF power to the full capability of the cable. No tools are required for installation, just a source of heat to shrink the tubing. Use a heat gun, lighter, or matches.

Model BA-8. For use with RG-8, RG-213, 9913 and similar cables up to 1/2 inch diameter. Balun diameter 1 inch. Requires 9-1/2 inches of cable for installation. For use from 3.5 to 1000 MHz. For 160 meters use two baluns

More info: http://www.palomar-engineers.com/Balun_Kits/balun_kits.html

You can write your own review of the Palomar Engineers Balun Kit BA-8.

K2PAL Rating: 2/5 Apr 19, 2016 19:51 Send this review to a friend
Wasted money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi guys.
I bought a Common Mode Noise Filter - Cox,$60+s/h $10 the web site,has graphics and explanation, saying that removes noise, do not believe him.When I open this noise filter = Balun 1:1.
If you want to buy real Balun this is right place >>> http://www.balundesigns.com/model-1171-1-1-atu-current-balun-1-54-mhz-5kw/

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2014 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Brilliant!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
So simple, so cheap and very easy to install. I had already installed a BA-8 for my Cushcraft A3S and I've never had an issue with RF in the shack.

I also put up the Cushcraft R-6000 trapped vertical but didn't think I needed an RF choke....well, I was really wrong! at 18mhz and up RF was getting into my shack and the house electronics in general!

Fortunately, I bought two BA-8 kits and recently installed the choke on the vertical and now no more RF floating around the house....that easy!!

A few months ago read that Palomar Engineers founder had passed away and maybe this was the end to his company.....I was horrified!! Good news is that the company is back in business.

I've been a long-time customer and fan of Palomar Engineers so I hope the new owners will do the company proud.

Cheers All....

KE7TRP Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 08:55 Send this review to a friend
WORKS PERFECT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Had a 10 meter vertical. Noticed RF on the Coax comming into the shack using a Field strength meter. Installed this simple Choke on the coax right at the antenna.

SWR is the same and NO RF in shack. THe Field strength meter does not even move now.

One is going on the beam and one went before the Homebrew tuner. A++++

W7JBB Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2010 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Highly effective and simple to install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a simple, inexpensive and highly effective way to install a current Balun.

I installed my BA-8 just as the coax entered the shack. I use a home-brew vertical with 100 radials and this balun just made the coax become one more radial while stopping any rf and diminishing noise from entering the shack via the outer coax braid.

I measured the reactance at the same frequencies that Palomar Engineers had specified and found those number to be the same as those advertised. One great, simple, inexpensive and highly effective product.

K3LL Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2008 08:31 Send this review to a friend
Simple but Effective  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Currently in use on my 80/40/17 trap dipole.

I love the simplicity. This is a great product- no PVC pipe to hide what is inside and no need for an additional coax connector.

Highly recommended, especially for wire antennas when you connect the coax directly to the antenna.

I wrapped the top of the balun/choke with electrical tape to improve the waterproofing.

Originally purchased three kits and plan on using them on my vertical and 17/12m rotatable dipole.