Reviews Categories | GPS receivers for APRS | Byonics MT-AIO Help

Reviews Summary for Byonics MT-AIO
Byonics MT-AIO Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$250
Description: Micro Track all In One. Self contained GPS receiver and tramsmitter. Programmable with supplied software and a common HT cable All housed in a water tight Pelican case small enough to fit anywhere.
More info: http://www.byonics.com

You can write your own review of the Byonics MT-AIO.

WV4I Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2013 17:48 Send this review to a friend
great product and support  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had an MT-AIO for several years. Traded my TT3 for it, too many wires, attachments, etc., for use in airplane. The MT-AIO performed flawless in airplane, and now on motorcycle. On the latter, found the op voltage to be 14.5vdc, and got answer from Byonics on a Sunday that this would not damage transceiver per se, but to watch RF output and antenna match, etc.. The MT-AIO is easily adjusted via trim pot for about 1/3w thru 10w, and deviation up to 4kc. The integral GPS will receive thru ABS/plastic luggage lid of my motorcycle and was getting RF out well enough to hit some stations. I've now found a place to mount it externally, but speaks to performance. Can also be used with a 8 AA battery pack, 9-13.6vdc optimum. Nice product line and very reasonable prices. Big hit in the experimental airplane community as well. Thumbs up de WV4I-7.

KA7O Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2011 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Versitile software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Our club just bought one of these to use with service events (marathons, etc). I've used several other of the Byonics products and was not disappointed with the quality of build. It's good stuff.

My only concern was the Windows configuration software. My home is a *nix only house - no Windows available. I wasn't sure if the software would behave itself under wine or not. It does!! Better yet - it has no problem with the PL-2303 based USB to RS-232 adapter I have to use as well. Just plug it in, add a symlink in the DosDevices directory and away it goes Fine Business.

One of the other club members just drove off with it to run around town - see how it works for us. So far so good!

N8QH Rating: 3/5 Jan 24, 2011 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Vast amounts of QRM  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
While outfitting a sailboat with an SSB transceiver, I spent hours trying to find the source of QRM that was producing S20 levels of interference across the entire MF and HF bands.

Nearby switching mode battery chargers? Inverters? No: the MT-AIO was wiping out the bands with broadband QRM.

It's a good tracker, but it's also an "all band transmitter." The culprit is the GPS chip, combined with the unshielded plastic case. The MT-AIO is incompatible with any co-located receiver operating in the 2 to 30 MHz range.

If it were tested for an FCC Class A or B certification, I doubt it would pass.

VE3YUI Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2010 07:08 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This A.I.O is great i reprogrammed it for my use..Work's great..Also like the fact you can put two different program's in it..I get 2 week's out of the battery's ..Why is you need to buy the right battery's. Witch are the hybrid ray o Vac from wal mart..Trust me they are worth there money in gold..CD they are $13.96 ...Also if you want better beaconing Put tin foil behind PC Board..Then rubber antenna work's every bit as good as any mag mount going. I live in the country digi is far away unit still work's great..Byonics is the best...They help in anyway..Also very quick to call you back or email you with the proper answer the first time...Hats off to Byonics.......

K7RBW Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2009 20:02 Send this review to a friend
Great All-in-one tracker  Time owned: months
I've had this for about a month and it works very well. It's simple, rugged, and easy to program and use.

It comes programmed to your specification so it works right out of the box. Programming with the specified cable and software is very easy as well.

The GPS has great sensitivity and "finds itself" very quickly. I haven't done any sort of battery life testing so I can't rate that.

In one test drive, I had the box in the back window and got reasonable reporting with the antenna in the car attached to the box. The reporting, of course, is much better with an external antenna (e.g. the mag mount).

Great product, great service and great support!