Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | MFJ-624D Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-624D
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $$119
Description: Deluxe Hybrid Phone Patch
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-624E

You can write your own review of the MFJ-624D.

WD8CRT Rating: 4/5 Oct 19, 2008 14:57 Send this review to a friend
Fills the need  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Phone Patching is not very common these days but I needed to add a phone patch to my shack to handle some holiday moral calls for some World Teach teachers on remote islands here in the Marshall Islands. There are not many choices – which is what I expected to face – and as expected MFJ has one.

I located the older 624D at AES and ordered it. The newer 624E is basically the same circuit with the addition of a modular mic jack on the front panel, an option I did not need. I didn’t expect the performance of a Gentner (Broadcasting) phone hybrid, but for the money, it works well enough to fill the need here. The 614’s come with RCA jacks on the back for the Speaker, Audio In and Audio Out. This is rather outdated as most modern gear now use 3.5mm (1/8”) connections for the speaker leads. I added 3.5mm jacks above the RCA, this way I do not need to change the plug on my speaker, and all I need is one patch cord to install it.