Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator
Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.95
Description: A three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain rotator control boxes
More info: http://www.idiompress.com/illuminator.html

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator.

K0HB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2013 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Does what says  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Say to build and install, three levels of illumination. In my shack I like subdued light, so the dimmest setting worked best for me.

N0UN Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2013 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It might be I just can't see like I used to, or maybe I was just tired of changing light bulbs in my Hy-gain rotor control boxes, but I can sure see them now! What a difference those little LED bulb kits from Idiom Press made.

Really, it was more a combination of having to replace those little 28V, 40ma, mini-bayonet 1819 bulbs all the time AND once replaced, I still couldn't see the damn meter face anyway.

Easy, easy kit to assemble, and simple to install. It took about 40 minutes, and now I can see what the hell I'm doing. To top it off, I may never have to open those lids again to replace bulbs as these LED kits will probably outlast me (sobering thought).

I'll never buy a puny 1819 bulb at Radio Shack again!

AG4SO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2011 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Good upgrade  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed just over a year ago easy mod, nice clear crisp viewing of the meter face. LEss current draw. I would recomend

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2011 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought 2 kits 2 1/2 years ago and just built them tonight and installed them in a HAM IV and a TailTwister controller box. Very easy to build and install. They will last a longer and run a lot cooler than the OEM bayonet type bulb that comes with the controller boxes. I highly recommend them.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2011 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very bright and clear, big improvement over the old bulb.

A bargain.

K1ZJH Rating: 4/5 Nov 27, 2010 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Works fine!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have both the illumination kit and the Rotor EZ from Idiom Press.

Good tip at end!!

The LEDs work great, even at the medium setting mine were more than bright enough. I found that the LED board placement is critical, as noted in the instructions. The supplied glue spots weren't quite up to the task. I also used a few dabs of adhesive from my hot glue gun for a bit extra support.

Here's the good tip!!!!!

Now, for those of you who install the Rotor EZ, the old calibration pot push-activated switch no longer serves any purpose. I used the push action switch contacts to go between medium and low intensity; instead of using a fixed jumper on the illumination board. This gives me the best of both worlds--at night I prefer the lower intensity.

WB5MXO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2009 17:30 Send this review to a friend
great buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one out of curiosity for my ham-m box. What a nice surprise. Now going to order one for my Tailtwister box. Easy to put together providing you have a small tip iron. Don't bother with the lower light settings.

AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2009 13:02 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought 2 of these for my Ham-4 Rotor boxes and it was well worth the few dollars they cost. It only took a few minutes to assemble and install both of them. The light is much better and whiter and the boxes look much more "modern" than with the yellowish light that comes in these control boxes. An easy inexpensive upgrade to the shack!

WY3X Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2009 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Brighter than original bulb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My eyesight seems to be getting dimmer with age- tiny fonts have become unreadable, the digits on my rotor controller included. How nice of Idiom Press to come up with a brighter-than-factory LED kit! I can actually read the digits again, and without reading glasses! The kit was easy to assemble and install (but I've also successfully built an Elecraft K2 with zero errors). It's only a half-dozen parts, if you even *think* you'd like it, I PROMISE you will love it! The only change I'd make would be that I'd use four or five LEDs instead of three. -KR4WM

VE1GCG Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2009 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the led lighting upgrade while buying the Rotor EZ. Lighting kit is a snap to build, as there are very few components. On the brightest setting, it is a good improvement over the original incandescent bulb. I, like others wish it was a bit brighter though.