Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator
Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Reviews: 23 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.95
Description: A three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain rotator control boxes
More info: http://www.idiompress.com/illuminator.html

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator.

WC4R Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2016 08:54 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to assemble & install. Works exactly as needed. Great improvement over the dim lamp.

K2NV Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2016 07:15 Send this review to a friend
Brigtened my day!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently ordered the Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator from Ham Supply.com, who recently took over the Idiom Press line. I received the kits in 2-3 days. Great service! They were very easy to build and install. It gave new life to old controllers. It's getting harder to read as we grow in age (and wisdom).... I would alway dread when the pilot lights would blow out. It seemed I never had any 24v bulbs in my junk box. This solves the problem too! I highly recommend this product.
Tony
K2NV

K0QC Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2014 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Easy Upgrade  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received the kit yesterday. Was easy to build and install. Instructions were fine. Used the lowest light setting as that is plenty bright for my shack. Much improved meter lighting with the LEDs.

K0HB Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2013 12:05 Send this review to a friend
Does what says  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Say to build and install, three levels of illumination. In my shack I like subdued light, so the dimmest setting worked best for me.

N0UN Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2013 21:09 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It might be I just can't see like I used to, or maybe I was just tired of changing light bulbs in my Hy-gain rotor control boxes, but I can sure see them now! What a difference those little LED bulb kits from Idiom Press made.

Really, it was more a combination of having to replace those little 28V, 40ma, mini-bayonet 1819 bulbs all the time AND once replaced, I still couldn't see the damn meter face anyway.

Easy, easy kit to assemble, and simple to install. It took about 40 minutes, and now I can see what the hell I'm doing. To top it off, I may never have to open those lids again to replace bulbs as these LED kits will probably outlast me (sobering thought).

I'll never buy a puny 1819 bulb at Radio Shack again!

AG4SO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2011 16:25 Send this review to a friend
Good upgrade  Time owned: more than 12 months
Installed just over a year ago easy mod, nice clear crisp viewing of the meter face. LEss current draw. I would recomend

NT9E Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2011 21:32 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought 2 kits 2 1/2 years ago and just built them tonight and installed them in a HAM IV and a TailTwister controller box. Very easy to build and install. They will last a longer and run a lot cooler than the OEM bayonet type bulb that comes with the controller boxes. I highly recommend them.

K4FX Rating: 5/5 May 15, 2011 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very bright and clear, big improvement over the old bulb.

A bargain.

K1ZJH Rating: 4/5 Nov 27, 2010 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Works fine!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have both the illumination kit and the Rotor EZ from Idiom Press.

Good tip at end!!

The LEDs work great, even at the medium setting mine were more than bright enough. I found that the LED board placement is critical, as noted in the instructions. The supplied glue spots weren't quite up to the task. I also used a few dabs of adhesive from my hot glue gun for a bit extra support.

Here's the good tip!!!!!

Now, for those of you who install the Rotor EZ, the old calibration pot push-activated switch no longer serves any purpose. I used the push action switch contacts to go between medium and low intensity; instead of using a fixed jumper on the illumination board. This gives me the best of both worlds--at night I prefer the lower intensity.

WB5MXO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2009 17:30 Send this review to a friend
great buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one out of curiosity for my ham-m box. What a nice surprise. Now going to order one for my Tailtwister box. Easy to put together providing you have a small tip iron. Don't bother with the lower light settings.