Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator
Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.95
Description: A three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain rotator control boxes
More info: http://www.idiompress.com/illuminator.html

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator.

W2GB Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2009 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile upgrade  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this installed for awhile it is a vast inprovement over the original bulb. Even though it is set for maximum brightness I still think it could be brighter. Easy to build and install

N0YK Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2009 22:48 Send this review to a friend
Nice Mod!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to do and has a nice look to it. I did find that the high setting for the LED's made the difference, the low setting just doesn't have enough light.

Gives the Ham IV controller a more updated look with just a little over 10 bucks.

WB3IGR Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2009 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The kit was easy to build and install. Instructions were easy to follow and good detail. Makes an old rotor look "NEW" again.

W4EJG Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello All, Just received two kits for my Ham-4's and they were very easy to assemble. The difference in lighting is like night and day. I used the brightest setting and it works best for me. This kit is well worth the money.
Thanks, Ed W4EJG

KX9Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2008 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I placed the order for this kit on Monday and it arrived at the house on Friday. Very easy to assemble and setup. I have mine set for the brightest light. It is important to set it on the meter and adjust before you make it permanent as the location on the meter plays a big role in how the light is dispersed.

W5UV Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Easy mod.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Another nice addition to the station from Idiom Press. Kit is easy and quick and adds a newlight on your rotor meter. Like the prior review, recommend the highest setting. Thanks Rob and Bob!

WC3O Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 09:46 Send this review to a friend
Inky dinky!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought mine at Dayton before these were out officially. Muuuuuch better than the original. Yep, make yours the brightest setting. The middle is good too though. Easy to build. If you like this, try their other products. Thanks guys

DE WC3O
Bob

KB4BJM Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Nice addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks for reading. I just built and installed this unit in my HAM-IV rotor control box. The kit was easy to build and took about 30-40 mins to complete. Soldering iron,solder,screw driver for control box cover and cutters.The LED's give it a much cleaner and brighter look.Instructions and diagrams/pictures made it an ease to build.

N2TU Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2008 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Nice Upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Thanks to Scotty WK3N's review, I ordered this lamp upgrade for my rotors. Fast order acknowedgement, fast delivery and great product. This simple kit installs easily and improves the illumination of the meter...super idea...I used the brightest setting and love it!

WK3N Rating: 5/5 Oct 23, 2008 21:13 Send this review to a friend
Finer illumination & no more bulbs to replace.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have just installed the Idiom Press rotor illuminator kit in two Ham Four's. The difference is night and day! Soft but bright full meter lighting, due to the 3 equally spaced leds .
It arrived in kit form ,4 days after ordering. Instructions are excellent. Assembly was super fast and and simple. Once done,the pc board has a simple mounting system for the top of the meter. Getting the alignment to your taste takes a little time and experimentation. Once found ,I added a wad of coax seal to mounting to prevent any movement. On my old CDE with a metal top , I added coax seal over the pc board to prevent it from accidently contacting with the case.
There are 3 brightness settings ,you set them using your own jumper across two resistors. Regulator circuit prevents diode flicker all together. I found the brightest setting to my liking. Less than one watt draw claimed.
No more constant bulb replacements ( I hope). At this time, I would would rate this item far superior to the original incandesant illumination. IMPRESSIVE LOOKING AND WORTH THE PRICE!
After I have used them for a year I will write an updated review.

"DX NEVER SLEEPS".......Scotty WK3N