Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Help

Reviews Summary for Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator
Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator Reviews: 25 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $10.95
Description: A three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain rotator control boxes

You can write your own review of the Idiom Press Rotator Illuminator.

K1ZJH Rating: 4/5 Nov 27, 2010 07:38 Send this review to a friend
Works fine!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have both the illumination kit and the Rotor EZ from Idiom Press.

Good tip at end!!

The LEDs work great, even at the medium setting mine were more than bright enough. I found that the LED board placement is critical, as noted in the instructions. The supplied glue spots weren't quite up to the task. I also used a few dabs of adhesive from my hot glue gun for a bit extra support.

Here's the good tip!!!!!

Now, for those of you who install the Rotor EZ, the old calibration pot push-activated switch no longer serves any purpose. I used the push action switch contacts to go between medium and low intensity; instead of using a fixed jumper on the illumination board. This gives me the best of both worlds--at night I prefer the lower intensity.
WB5MXO Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2009 17:30 Send this review to a friend
great buy  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one out of curiosity for my ham-m box. What a nice surprise. Now going to order one for my Tailtwister box. Easy to put together providing you have a small tip iron. Don't bother with the lower light settings.
AE9DX Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2009 13:02 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought 2 of these for my Ham-4 Rotor boxes and it was well worth the few dollars they cost. It only took a few minutes to assemble and install both of them. The light is much better and whiter and the boxes look much more "modern" than with the yellowish light that comes in these control boxes. An easy inexpensive upgrade to the shack!
WY3X Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2009 10:51 Send this review to a friend
Brighter than original bulb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My eyesight seems to be getting dimmer with age- tiny fonts have become unreadable, the digits on my rotor controller included. How nice of Idiom Press to come up with a brighter-than-factory LED kit! I can actually read the digits again, and without reading glasses! The kit was easy to assemble and install (but I've also successfully built an Elecraft K2 with zero errors). It's only a half-dozen parts, if you even *think* you'd like it, I PROMISE you will love it! The only change I'd make would be that I'd use four or five LEDs instead of three. -KR4WM
VE1GCG Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2009 09:49 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile addition  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the led lighting upgrade while buying the Rotor EZ. Lighting kit is a snap to build, as there are very few components. On the brightest setting, it is a good improvement over the original incandescent bulb. I, like others wish it was a bit brighter though.
W2GB Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2009 14:45 Send this review to a friend
Worthwhile upgrade  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had this installed for awhile it is a vast inprovement over the original bulb. Even though it is set for maximum brightness I still think it could be brighter. Easy to build and install
N0YK Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2009 22:48 Send this review to a friend
Nice Mod!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Easy to do and has a nice look to it. I did find that the high setting for the LED's made the difference, the low setting just doesn't have enough light.

Gives the Ham IV controller a more updated look with just a little over 10 bucks.

WB3IGR Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2009 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The kit was easy to build and install. Instructions were easy to follow and good detail. Makes an old rotor look "NEW" again.
W4EJG Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2009 17:23 Send this review to a friend
Great Upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello All, Just received two kits for my Ham-4's and they were very easy to assemble. The difference in lighting is like night and day. I used the brightest setting and it works best for me. This kit is well worth the money.
Thanks, Ed W4EJG
KX9Q Rating: 5/5 Nov 5, 2008 13:09 Send this review to a friend
Great Upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I placed the order for this kit on Monday and it arrived at the house on Friday. Very easy to assemble and setup. I have mine set for the brightest light. It is important to set it on the meter and adjust before you make it permanent as the location on the meter plays a big role in how the light is dispersed.