Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool
DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: This tool prepares RG-8, RG-213, 9913F7, LMR-400 (not LMR-400UF) and other similar size PVC or PE jacketed coax cable for installation of a PL-259 connector - or the popular DXE-N1001S two-piece Type N connector. The large diameter knurled handle provides a good grip for easy stripping - you'll really appreciate that after stripping several ends! The DXE web site includes instructional video!
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-ut-8213

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool.

WA3CDL Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2017 07:45 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have always prepared cable ends the old fashioned way and dreaded this boring task. Recently, I was faced with a project that required installing 36 PL-259's and 6 type "N" connectors. I decided to treat myself to the complete kit that DX Engineering offers which includes the DXE-UT-8213 tool. I fell in love with this tool that makes cable prep absolutely simple and actually enjoyable. Perfect ends every time on RG8-U cable! I see that some other reviewers felt that the blades had dulled after only 2 uses. Being concerned, I pulled mine for inspection after 36 cable ends and could not see any obvious signs of wear. I returned the original blades to service and have done several more cables since. Still NO problems so I don't know what may have caused the other reviewers blades to fail so quickly. As a ham of 53 years, this is by far the best cable tool I have ever come across. I also have the smaller stripping tool for RG-8x and have used it many times, again with no problems.
Thank You DX Engineering for these tools! When it comes to cable prep, mark me down as a happy camper!

73 from Bill, WA3CDL

WA2AAR Rating: 2/5 Jul 2, 2016 18:28 Send this review to a friend
Same here  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use it 2 times and it didn't work any longer.
I took the blade out and try to sharping it
but didn't work. It is to expensive for it to only
work 2 times. DX Engineering is a good company
but this DXE-UT-8213 gets a thumbs down from
me.

K5CJL Rating: 2/5 Jul 2, 2016 14:42 Send this review to a friend
Great at first use  Time owned: more than 12 months
Worked great first few times and blades are sharp. Once the blades begin to dull, which isn't very long, it's useless. I can't find replacement blades on the website. Way too expensive for the short blade life.