Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool Help

Reviews Summary for DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool
DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool Reviews: 46 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: This tool prepares RG-8, RG-213, 9913F7, LMR-400 (not LMR-400UF) and other similar size PVC or PE jacketed coax cable for installation of a PL-259 connector - or the popular DXE-N1001S two-piece Type N connector. The large diameter knurled handle provides a good grip for easy stripping - you'll really appreciate that after stripping several ends! The DXE web site includes instructional video!
More info: http://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-ut-8213

You can write your own review of the DX Engineering DXE-UT-8213 Coaxial Cable Stripping Tool.

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Feb 5, 2012 18:05 Send this review to a friend
Complete Coax Cable Prep Tool Kit  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
We got the whole kit in Dayton 2011. It is a huge timesaver, especially with LMR 400. The carry case is nice and an easy way to stay organized. It is a bit pricey but the quality of the tools have held up for almost a year now usiong it on a regular basis to train students to make coax assemblies. It is very safe so far to use over a knife-

K0MD Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2011 21:08 Send this review to a friend
Indispensible Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this tool at Dayton 2010. I bought the entire kit. I have used it multiple times over the past 15 months. It is incredible. It makes putting connectors on Coax a piece of cake. Other hams borrow it from me as well. It is an in-demand item among my ham friends.
If you do any coax or antenna work, you will not regret buying this tool.

KC2KMJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2011 08:35 Send this review to a friend
Sweetness!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got my DXE-UT-8213 last week and have done 10 assemblies with it so far. The first two attempts the blades weren't cutting deep enough. I simply loosened the screws and attempted to push the blades in a little farther. I don't know if they moves but subsequent cuts were right on the money. I should have bought one of these when they first came out but I didn't. I wasn't doing that many installs to justify its price. What a foolish notion. Compared to DIY methods that seem to take forever and inches of coax because we can't get the coax cut right so we try again...and again... forget it! Get one of these. Your prayers will be answered. Highly, highly recommended. Just make sure your brother returns yours after he's done with it. :)

N6WIN Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2011 13:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Tool  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one for RG8 style coax. I have used it at least 50 different times over the past year. Makes prepping coax very easy.

W4RMS Rating: 5/5 Jun 13, 2011 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the complete set DXE-UT Kit 2. Love it works great. Makes doing cable/antenna work a breeze. Been hamming 43 years and doing it the hard way. Great job DX guys/gals!
W4RMS

WB4M Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 11:29 Send this review to a friend
A "must have" tool.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If you dislike installing PL-259's, this is the tool for you! In less than 1 minute, I had a perfectly prep'd snd installed PL-259 on my new coax. I also purchased the companion product, the DXE-UT-80P, which makes threading the PL-259 onto the coax jacket a snap, no more slipping pliers or hurt fingers.
Check out the demo videos of both products on the DXE webpage.

QRPNEW Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2011 04:36 Send this review to a friend
Great tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This tool works very well. I am happy that I bought it.

I could not get it to work on RG214 double silver braid coax.

There seems to minor variations in OD of various brands of RG213 and RG8 coax. The DXENGINEERING stripper has no play room for the coax. I suppose if you want a perfect stripping job there can be no slop.

I prefer to use RG214 for my patch leads. Hopefully DXE- will also release one for this coax as well.

Superb instruction sheet and quality from DXE- They really design excellent products. The ordering and shipping speed is superb. I have no hesitation dealing with DXE-

NM2G Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2011 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
They say there is no substitute for the right tool. Stripping coax is no exception. And this tool does the job quickly and perfectly. At first I thought it was a bit pricey, but that's because it has been designed and built to be used in a production environment. You won't be disappointed! I consider this to be an investment.

AA3JH Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2010 17:29 Send this review to a friend
Great tool  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received the assembly tools for PL-259 and made a few cables. It's amazing how
well the tools work. The Youtube videos are very accurate as the cable
assemblies come out perfect every time with minimal effort. I always
hated to make cables but not now.

W3NRL Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2010 13:45 Send this review to a friend
Tool of the century  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I used to hate putting the end's on coax, If i needed a 50 foot length of coax and had to put the pl259's on each end it would take me about 45 mins per end and i would have to start out with a 65 foot piece of coax to get 50 footer completed ( due to my handicap - Don't laugh there are many of you like me out there )
but now it takes all but 45 secs and done and maybe another mins to solder.
Highly recommend this product.
DX guys nice product and worth the money.