Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Simplex Professional Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Simplex Professional
Begali Simplex Professional Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $175
Description: Iambic paddle with a 1.4kg titanium nitrate plated jet-black and gold plated components.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Simplex Professional.

WA9ETW Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2016 08:09 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These are not Begali's top-of-the-line paddles, but the Simplex Pro simply runs away from everything else I've tried in its price class. Solid, precise, and pleasing to the eye and touch. Genuinely effortless sending, and little to no fiddling with adjustments.

Pietro and Bruna not only make and sell a world-class product, they provide quick and personable attention to your order, and timely communication throughout.

Don't think twice about a Simplex Pro. It's worth every penny!

VR2YQK Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2016 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Very well made  Time owned: more than 12 months
This review is for the Begali Simplex Pro which I have owned and used for over 2 years now. After practicing CW for a few months with a straight key back in 2013, I decided to purchase an iambic key, the Begali Simplex Pro.

It arrived very well packed. The key comes with a clear dust cover. I have added the aluminium finger pieces and the gold contacts to the key. After having tried it with my fingers, I then realize what people say "feel like butter". Yes, it does feel like butter when you squeeze/hit the paddles with your fingers. It is expensive, but it worths every euro.

Excellent piece of art.

VA3YG Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2014 11:45 Send this review to a friend
CW Perfection  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After much research, I ordered my Begali Simplex Professional with gold contacts and an additional set of red aluminum finger pieces. My order, from Italy to Ontario, Canada took only 3 business days by FedEx. The key arrived carefully packed with all the proper attention to protecting it.

Snipped one of the two stereo plugs off the supplied cable to reveal two insulated wires and one bare ground wire; tinned these wires, routed them under the key and soldered them into place. Plugged the key into my transceiver and began to send code with no adjustment whatsoever.

Many thanks to Bruna and Pietro Begali for a great buying experience and their attention to all the little details.

A beautiful work of art that I proudly display on my desk. This key is made for the long haul. I'm now considering the Begali Adventure with the appropriate mount to take portable with my Elecraft KX3.

If you're thinking of buying this key, don't hesitate; you won't be disappointed!

NE5C Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2013 14:03 Send this review to a friend
PURE QUALITY  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I heard about it...I Read about it...But I could not have imagined how happy I would be with the Begali Key, attention to Craftsmanship, quality, Detail, and Customer Service is INCREDIBLE! Of course after I hooked the Key up and began using it my words are "Smooth, Light Touch, Sensitive and Effortless to send CW" Shipping was faster than I imagined, about 5 days. Thank you Bruna Begali, I AM a HAPPY and LOYAL customer, your product is PURE QUALITY, 73 N5JFJ Jerry F Johnson

K2JF Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2011 10:41 Send this review to a friend
fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I guess it took me three days to decide which set of paddles I was going to get - after looking through the reviews of every possible paddle out there. And then another three days for the Begali Simplex Pro paddles to arrive at my NYC QTH. What I like about these is that the touch is so light that the base never moves when sending. I had a nice set of K8RA paddles for years and loved using them. I felt it was time to splurge on something I couldn't afford just for the hell of it! The Simplex Pros are lovely to look at and effortless for sending code. As others have mentioned, Bruna offers an unbelievable level of customer service.

W8ASA Rating: 5/5 May 23, 2011 17:37 Send this review to a friend
Well made.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased my SX-PRO with gold contacts this past weekend at the Dayton Hamvention. This key replaced a very, very old Ham-Key, the contacts of which had finally become pitted to the point of distraction. I tried all the keys that Piero had on display, and selected this one because it felt natural to me. I went for the gold contacts after Piero explained to me how the silver contacts might pit earlier with use (5-volts arcing can be seen under a microscope). I've made a number of QSO's already with this, and I think my CW sending is a bit smoother and more comfortable. I'm looking forward to the next contest where I can really give it a serious try. It stays right where I put it on my desktop -- no more chasing my key around like an errant puppy! Thanks, Piero. I'm just sad that he didn't have any more Begali bags left... Show price was $250.00, NOT the $175.00 MSRP indicated at the review header. I'll try to change that header if I can.

VE3GNU Rating: 5/5 Feb 13, 2011 11:03 Send this review to a friend
Elegant and Effective  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
In steady use over the past six months, I have enjoyed the feel and precision of this fine instrument. While ordering, I requested---and received the red finger pieces in addition to the black ones as illustrated in the Begali ad---very nice! In my view and from my experience this paddle merits and deserves the 'full marks' given. It's a beautiful piece of 'eye candy' that sits proudly as the sole paddle on my radio-desk.
As well---the communication and service from Bruna, as commented by others, is truly outstanding.

WX7G Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2010 13:41 Send this review to a friend
A pleasure to use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've used many paddles and the Begali Simplex Pro is the best. A light, low mass movement that makes sending good CW that much easier. Adjustments are easy and they stay put.

Mine has the gold contacts and they have never needed cleaning.

WO4K Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2010 11:35 Send this review to a friend
A Work of Art  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently I purchased a Begali Simplex Professional and a Begali CW Machine.

The buying experience was one of the best I have experienced in this hobby. Within hours of my request to buy the key, Piero contacted me by return e-mail and asked several questions regarding my options. Then he explained the purchasing process. Although the purchase was in Euros, it was easy. The CW Machine arrived within a week and the Simplex Professional, even though customized, was in my hands just a few days later.

Piero and his daughter Bruna were friendly and professional in their communications. I cannot say enough good things about their customer service.

The key itself is indeed a work of art. My thanks and deep appreciation to Piero and Bruna for making these amazing keys available. Owning a Begali key is kinda like owning a Lamborghini (not that I have ever owned one). A wonderful Italian combination of design, function, speed and masterful mechanics...only smaller.

HC2S Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2010 17:11 Send this review to a friend
More than 5  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Excellent paddle a piece of art, it was packed perfectly. Outstanding client service from Bruna Begali and his father, they take care of every detail to bring you and amazing purchasing experience.