Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Simplex Professional Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Simplex Professional
Begali Simplex Professional Reviews: 16 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $175
Description: Iambic paddle with a 1.4kg titanium nitrate plated jet-black and gold plated components.

You can write your own review of the Begali Simplex Professional.

K8YSV Rating: 5/5 Apr 12, 2010 06:31 Send this review to a friend
A great paddle and a great buying experience  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First off, I'll qualify this by stating that until recently, I had little interest in CW. Having learned it to pass my exams, I almost never used the mode. Lately though, I've been gaining more and more interest and have been making a concerted effort to dust off the cobwebs. I've owned the cheap keys and paddles, and have even made my own capacative touch paddle set for portable and QRP work, but nothing I have ever owned compares to the Begali Simplex Pro.

Having started with my first set of MFJ bencher knockoff paddles, I moved up to an actual Bencher paddle. It was okay, but a bit too fiddly for me. I then moved to a Vibroplex Code Warrior Jr. and although I like the paddle, it too seems to always need readjusting. Couple this with the fact that I apparently have ginormous ham hocks for hands, and I was always chasing the key over the desk.

I always looked at the Begali keys and thought they looked beautiful and well made, but I always thought them to be out of my price range, Then I looked a little deeper at the Simplex line, saw how affordable they actually are, and decided to get one. Since I'm not much for "bling" I went with the Simplex Pro. The black finish is more my style, though I think the gold accents are just enough "bling" to add a feel of elegance without being too overbearing. I also opted for a set of red aluminum short cutout fingerpieces.

This key looks amazing, and it's smooth as silk. It also stays put on my desk (weighing in at around 3 lbs. give or take). The adjustments stay where you put them, and you don't have to disassemble the whole unit or use any tools to change them. The paddle is so nice that I find myself even more drawn to CW operating just so I can use the Begali!

Some folks have mentioned that the included plastic dust cover is flimsy, but come on... it's a dust cover! It fits perfectly, doesn't get in the way and does what it's intended to do...keep dust out of the contacts. No worries here.

Not only is the quality of the product top notch, but the service given by Begali is unmatched. I was contacted via email by Bruna Begali, and thanked personally for my business. This was not a canned email either. We exchanged a few emails so she could confirm that I was getting exactly what I wanted, and my new paddle arrived in less than a week! Follow-up emails relate that the Begalis are very nice folks who view every customer as a friend.

From my experience with Begali, I would not hesitate to purchase from them again. I'm proud to count myself as the owner of such a fine instrument and hope to be fortunate enough to own others in the future.
WA4OYX Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2010 19:39 Send this review to a friend
Beautiful key and excellent services.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The key arrived from Italy to Georgia in less than ten days, beautifully packed. The key itself is a work of the best craftsmanship. It has a different feel from any keyer paddle I have ever used.

Truly remarkable piece for the ham shack. Thank you Bruna and Pietro!
IW5EIJ Rating: 5/5 May 29, 2009 07:30 Send this review to a friend
Great product, nice price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Even though i'm not a great CW'er i appreciate a lot this key. It's much easier to operate than the ones i had before.
Very heavy it's impossible to have it moving around the desk.
Mine comes with package full of accessories: dust cover, polishing cloth, a pair of spare paddles, a little "spessimetro" to set correct contact distance.
Last but no least it's a nice piece of machinery it's a pleasure only to have a look at it on your shack (especially w/ red paddles)!

K0XB Rating: 5/5 May 21, 2009 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was impressed by the ratings given to the Simplex and the Simplex Pro, and I completely agree with all the "5's." The key was shipped and arrived when they said it would, it was in perfect condition, and it's solid and clearly well-made. My only comment is it took me a little while to get used to the longer throw of the paddles, compared to my other keys. I like this unit a lot.
N6NKN Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2009 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Elegant In Basic Black  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Begali Simplex Professional arrived today. Right on the schedule outlined by Bruna Begali. As always it was packed perfectly and survived the trip across the pond without a scratch. The key needed no adjustments, and was set up just the way I like it. Fit and finish are perfect. If you are going to Dayton, you owe it to yourself to try a Begali key.

I now have five Begali keys in my collection. One can never get too much of a good ( actually great ) thing. My next will be the new Begali Pearl.

Rick N6NKN
IZ6BYC Rating: 5/5 Dec 6, 2008 05:24 Send this review to a friend
Cool  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm not telling you about the precision of realization or the pleasure of owning a Begali, this key has the same features and qualities of the normal simplex and if you want to know how it goes simply read the related review...

The finish make the difference. This all black non glossy key stands very well next the modern black painted transceivers, making a perfect "unisono" (sorry i didn't find an english word for this, it is like something that goes very well toghether). And it look cool and professional too. This kind of paint is also much less prone to fingertips, making it a perfect choice for the ones who care for convenience in spite of aspect. So if you are looking for an everyday paddle, and already have (like i did) a gold finish key to be proudly shown astonishing your friend with his beauty, this is your next must-have.