Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Jetstream JTB3 Help

Reviews Summary for Jetstream JTB3
Max wind rating: 90 MPH
Construction: Fiberglass
One piece contruction
More info: http://www.jetstream-usa.com/jtb3.shtml

You can write your own review of the Jetstream JTB3.

K8BRJ Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2016 05:21 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Results  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very pleased with the performance of this antenna. I use 55ft of RG-213 (not the best choice in coax) to the antenna with a height of 35ft. I am at the top edge of a river valley in a big city suburb with lots of houses and big trees close by. I can hit all the repeaters within 30 miles and simplex 7 to 10 miles using my 5W handheld.

K6MTS Rating: 5/5 Jun 26, 2015 12:20 Send this review to a friend
Xlnt Value   Time owned: more than 12 months
Works great, well built, can't beat the price. Mine has been up a couple of years with no issues at all.
If you are looking for a very good 2m/440 base antenna and you have realistic performance expectations for a dual band antenna of this size (6'), you won't be disappointed.

K3CLT Rating: 3/5 Mar 14, 2014 08:40 Send this review to a friend
OK  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had this antenna up for a few months and am thinking of replacing it with its big brother. I live in a valley and have a big hill going toward the repeater. It hits the repeater full quieting but just barely. It is no better than the ARX-2b ringo I took down. I wrote to Jetstream and ask how they got their gain number on the antenna but never got a reply from them. I sent an email to QST and ask the DR about the gain number for the size of the antenna and he indicated that the antenna could not have the gain indicated due to its small size.

N2VRO Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2013 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Great value  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna mounted on my chimney for close to 2 years now up here in the North East where we see some brutal winters (ice, wind, snow and even hurricanes and tornados the past couple of years). I've been very impressed with its performance given my poor location(low elevation and surrounded by hills). I've purchased other antennas (workman UVS-200, to name one), thinking it'll outperform(based on comparing specs) the JetStream and all I have to say is that the JetStream went back on my chimney the very same day. I did multiple signal tests and logged all data onto an Excel spreadsheet right before taking the Jetstream down. The tests included simplex and ability to key up certain far repeaters, the repeaters signal strength received and whether I needed low, med or High power to key up the repeater and give my callsign OTA. I then replaced it with the Workman and ran the exact same tests(same height and same coax) going down the page on the excel spreadsheet and not a single test did the Workman outperform the JetStream. In fact, there were a couple of tests where the Jetstream faired better. This was on both 2m and 70cm.
The tests were performed within 90 minutes of each other.

Gave the workman to my dad.

As others have already mentioned, great value for the price, build quality is better than Diamond, Comet and workman, in my opinion. Now thinking I may give the JTB2 a try and see how that fairs.

Highly recommend this antenna.

W4WXT Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2013 00:58 Send this review to a friend
Good job!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had this JTB-3 for 5 months now and I have to say, I am impressed.I had a ARX-270 and this JTB-3 out performs it in distance, quality, audio (rx and tx). 2M repeaters are a breeze to obtain some 70 miles away and I'm in the mountains of Tennessee at the bottom of the Cumberland Plateau. Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville no problem. All off a Wouxun 5 watt HT. Good job Jetstream.

K4NET Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2012 20:40 Send this review to a friend
Big Bang for the Buck.....We will see in the long run.  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Purchased this about 3 mos ago to use with a simplex Echolink node. Have not tested it extensively enough to give it a 5, although it may be worthy of it.

While testing on simplex and 20 ft off the ground, someone else heard me from about 15-20 miles away, and mind you I am in a valley and the house was blocking a majority of the antenna. I think the gain figures are indeed realistic.

Also have a CX-333 tri-band, and can say the construction is very durable and comparable. On 2/440 I can say it is comparable to the to the more well known brand without the price tag. I have also used it to run a 220 net with an SWR of about 1.7 without issue

This vertical will be finding a perm home 50ft up on a tower to be installed this spring.

Bottom line: Dont think you can go wrong with this antenna

KI5SO Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2011 12:35 Send this review to a friend
Good value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought this antenna to use in a stealth operation (antenna restricted community). I sprayed it black with liquid tape. At low heights it works nicely hiding in the bushes. The antenna has gain. I have compared it to other antennas and it does show improvement. The antenna is solid. It protects your coax inside a sleath at the bottom of the antenna. I get fine performance on 2 meters and even better performance on 440. It' a great value and better than a j-pole.

K4RKY Rating: 4/5 Feb 27, 2011 20:36 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had my jtb3 up about 4 years now and it is still doing an excellent job. The only problem I have had is when I lowered my tower to do repairs on my rotor this past fall the ground plane elements fell off! Jetstream could have used a bit thicker housing neck to hold the elements in place. (Aluminum pressed into stainless steel stud). But the repair was very simple and still holding. Really a great antenna for the price.

KC8OYE Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2010 20:14 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna - awesome price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've only had it up a few days, but it's essentially identical to a Diamond X50.. at half the cost. I'm working local repeaters through heavy trees on 1 watt from an HT with this antenna mounted on the eave of a 1st story roof (About 12 feet in the air)

KB9WSL Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2009 14:40 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for the price  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my JTB-3 up for just over 2 years now and it has performed flawlessly. Antenna is up on a 50 foot tower in North-Central Indiana...so it has see it all...snow,ice,wind,rain,thunderstorms,hail...it's
like a Timex watch.."it takes a licking and keeps on ticking". I would highly recommend this antenna to anyone. I like the one-piece design..no joints to have potential problems with.