Reviews Categories | Transceivers: HF Amateur (inc. HF+6M+VHF models) | Yaesu FTdx-9000 (PEP-9000 enhanced version) AKA Mark 2 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FTdx-9000 (PEP-9000 enhanced version) AKA Mark 2
Yaesu FTdx-9000 (PEP-9000 enhanced version) AKA Mark 2 Reviews: 47 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $5000-11000
Description: After 10/28/08, Yaesu released its PEP-9000 enhancement program for all FTdx-9000 radios. This includes all new firmware and replacement/modification of CNTL-UNIT, TX-UNIT, DSP-UNIT, SCP-UNIT, RX-1-UNIT, RX-2-UNIT (D/MP), Power Meter. Conversion is free to previous owners. Enhanced model reviews should be posted here.
More info: http://yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=102&encProdID=34B0B268F77981D7E72CF66FC1930880&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTdx-9000 (PEP-9000 enhanced version) AKA Mark 2.

N9LBW Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2010 00:55 Send this review to a friend
TOP SHELF TRANSCEIVER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently aquired a Demo YAESU FT-DX9000MP with every option available. It performs flawlessly. I have owned TEN TEC ORION II, OMNI VII, ELECRAFT K3, KENWOOD TS-850S, TS-950SDX, TS-2000, ICOM IC-7600, IC-756PROIII, IC-775DSP and YAESU FT-1000MP MKV, FT-2000D to name a few, The FT-DX9000MP is in a category of its own.

IK2SGL Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2010 14:25 Send this review to a friend
Great Rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been thinking for quite a long time whether to review it or not. Actually I ain't own this radio myself but I use it on a regular basis at a contest station which I belong. The radio, 9kD model, performs flawlessly in every condition, especially in pile-ups. The microtunes and filters work as expected and the audio is pleasant and soft. IMHO thumb up for it.

NA1A Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2010 21:00 Send this review to a friend
Still the top performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this Contest model for just about two years now. Rig still performs like the way it should. I recently acquired the FTDX-5000MP. Another outstanding rig from Yaesu. Side by side comparison, I can't say that one radio is better than the other. However, I prefer the 9000's receiver. It is a little flatter than the 5000, every bit as quiet and comfortable to listen to. The transmitter in the 5000 is just slightly better than the one in the 9000. Nonetheless, it is like splitting hair here. I run mostly ESSB, so unless you're into ESSB like I do, you will never notice the difference between the two transmitters.
The touch and feel of the 9000 is still top notch and untouchable in my book.
73 to all.

NI6S Rating: 5/5 Apr 4, 2010 19:08 Send this review to a friend
Impressed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I love this radio! Have had the Icom 7800 since 2004 and thought I had it all. But the reality is that it's been back to Icom three times. The first for the Roofing filter upgrade; the second for blown finals; and the third for an out-of-tolerance OCXO and bad sensing resistors. Icom comp'd the finals but they charged me big $$$ for the OCXO and resistors. This, to me is totally unacceptable. What was I to do but pay?

In the meantime, my friend had a 9000D and I was starting to play with it more and more. I finally "had" to have one. Now that I've had it for a few days, I must say that the build quality is better than the 7800. And though more complex, I have discovered that this is a fantastic radio! So many comparisons can be made, but the fact that the spectrum scope has respective, simultaneous displays for each receiver and diversity capability, along with the best support from Yaesu, makes this choice a no brainer. Still upset with Icom that I had to shell out almost $1k for an inherent design flaw....I will post a more technical review later, but suffice it to say that I have no regrets with the purchase of the 9000D.

KI2X Rating: 5/5 Feb 26, 2010 04:12 Send this review to a friend
One Year later..Still Outstanding !  Time owned: more than 12 months
See my first post March 10,2009...one year later ...the FTdx 9K has worked so well I bought another. Purchased at Orlando hamfest from HRO and delivered to my front door.. 9 days...WOW....Super service..Thanks again Yaesu !

Rich ki2x
PS: This was custom..mtu's dmu and rx9k

KD9MF Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2009 12:27 Send this review to a friend
makes a great radio even better  Time owned: more than 12 months
i loved my 9000 before. the only real gripe was the nb. after the pep enhancement, this rig is even better, but nb still sucks. its a bit better than before but still no cigar.
all in all, this rig is over 4 yeras old and is on each and every day for at least 10 16 hours, no flaws.

the enhancement, paid for by yaesu, including shipping both ways, is customer service to the ultimate. reinforces why i love this company and will continue to be loyal customer.

W8DX Rating: 5/5 Nov 19, 2009 21:43 Send this review to a friend
Fabulous  Time owned: more than 12 months
PEP resolved every issue, Truly a world class transceiver and the best I have owned.
Excellent move by Yaesu to create the PEP free upgrade.
(I also, happily, own a K3)

IK0YKM Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2009 23:19 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After the upgrade FTDX 9000 Contest is very performant.
All defects have been removed.
Many thanks to YAESU

W2SL Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2009 21:48 Send this review to a friend
fantastic radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
This has been the finest radio I have ever had.The pep has brought the ft9000 radio up to the standards it was originally intended to be.The company has steped up to the plate and replaced complete boards not just parts to make this radio the finest radio on the market at no cost to the owners.They did this even to the radios that were out of warrenty for free.The radios contruction is of the quality of the famous ft1000D.No plastic face like a lot of the radios put out today.The case is metal as well.Listen to the receiver of this radio one time and you will be sold.This radio comes with a 3 year warrenty.Try to get other companys to do that.

VANVINDER Rating: 3/5 Nov 14, 2009 14:03 Send this review to a friend
not good after all /sdr better  Time owned: more than 12 months
having the 9000D pep for some time nice radio but not as goos as my r&s 4100 sdr radio
i have as well the flex 5000a i found the the sdr to be much better then the ft 9000d pep [i will give it 1 out of 5 since vertex will not do after the pep anything it is the max they will do as they said on the phone poor poor
no wonder moto will take over soon ]
my antenna set up is 3 monst stepir 40 to 6 meter this i opti the all the set up of the 9000d
to the max a to b i can hear station the 9000 can't the hiss on the rx drive me mad i call vertex they said thats ho it work i try 2nd one and is is the same , my one going to be on sale
next week my friend like to buy it .