Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Comet GP-1 Help

Reviews Summary for Comet GP-1
Comet GP-1 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $74.99
Description: Small, Dual-Band vertical
More info: http://www.cometantenna.com/products.php?CatID=1&famID=5&childID=4

You can write your own review of the Comet GP-1.

KH6DC Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2010 01:20 Send this review to a friend
Still the Best!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Had the older version of the GP-1 which used to be called the GP-3 but sold it after being up for 6 years. Installed the GP-1 6 months ago and it provides excellent service. Man this antenna works like a charm, I'm able to hit our Army MARS repeater 50 miles away on 1/4 watt. Wish I didn't have to sell my old GP-3 but needed to money for college and lived in an apartment. No changes between versions, high quality with strict attention to detail. I'll never sell this one for as long as I live :)

KI4ZUI Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2010 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Good mobile EMCOM  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using GP-1 from rear of truck for ARES EMCOM work for several years and it works well. Short antenna length stows behind seat in truck. Made adapter to allow it to quickly be attached with radials screwed in to 12 ft telescoping painter pole. Quickly pushed up 20 ft above ground. My choice for omni directional VHF/UHF connects.

K5DPP Rating: 3/5 Apr 7, 2009 12:53 Send this review to a friend
Limited Use w/o Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed this antenna in my attic intending to use it for 2m and 440. The SWR across the 2m band is 4+. The SWR may be because of the attic installation, however, across most of the 440 band SWR is 1.5 to 2. I expected much better 2m performance so that resulted in the 3 rating.

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2008 14:30 Send this review to a friend
Another Winner from Comet!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I started looking a small, unobtrusive dual-band vertical for installation at my girlfriend's house, and wound up getting one of these after researching what's available. It works great, and the longest part of the installation was mounting the brackets to the side of the house. It's just above the peak of the roof, and I can hit all the repeaters I can hear.
I wanted a "Low Gain" antenna so I could use it on the FM Satellites, as well as the ISS, and it fills the bill.