Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG KT-100 Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG KT-100 Autotuner
LDG KT-100 Autotuner Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $199.99
Description: The ideal tuner for Kenwood radios. Use the Tune button on the radio to control the KT-100. Matches up to 10 to 1 SWR and up to 125 watts.

Powered by the radio and interfaces to any AT-300 or AT-50 compatible Kenwood radio.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG KT-100 Autotuner.

W3UB Rating: 2/5 Nov 20, 2010 05:03 Send this review to a friend
Did not work for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Tried the KT-100, with a TS-590S and my 43 vertical. On two of the bands, the KT-100 would tune, think it was a good match (solid green LED), but the match was 2.5:1 or greater. On one other band, it could only find a 3:1 match, while the internal tuner was happy.

Tried forced full tunes with similar results.

My Orion II internal tuner handles the 43 fine, and my MFJ-998 handles it fine as well.

W6CD Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2010 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Just works!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very pleased with this addition to my Kenwood TS-480AT. The internal tuner of the radio works well, but like most internal tuners it has a limited tuning range. I added an antenna to my RV that needed a wide range tuner so I aquired the KT-100.

Setup could not have been easier - connect up the supplied interface cable to the radio, set one menu item, connect your antenna, then push the tune button on the radio and the KT-100 works just like the internal tuner.

A solid 5 rating for this product due to quality, functionality, and performance.

KF5GOG Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2010 12:03 Send this review to a friend
WORKS WITH TS-590  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the Yaesu YT-100 version of this tuner for my 857D (works great), and I wanted to have something with a broader tuning range than what is built into the 590.

WORKS AS ADVERTISED... any AT-300 compatible rig. Plug it in and you're good to go. Has the added benefit of tuning on 6M, though you have to do that from the tuner's button rather than from the AT button on the rig.

No problems getting this to work with the new 590.

K7GLE Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2009 12:43 Send this review to a friend
No radio-panel operation on 6M  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just took delivery and everything works as advertised. I bought it because the internal ATU in my TS-2000 wouldn't tune the high end of 40M or either end of 6M on my multiband vertical. (OK, to be fair, I should say "the SWR presented by my antenna on some bands was too far off for the TS2K ATU to tune.")

One tiny quibble: The TS-2000 internal ATU will auto tune on 6M. The old Kenwood AT-300, which the KT-100 replaces, didn't tune 6M, so, while the KT auto tunes on 6M it does so only when triggered from the button on the KT unit itself, not from the "ATT" button on the front of the radio. Hardly a deal-killer, though (and prominently disclosed in the manual, available online).

Very sturdy, and fits exactly on top of my "Navigator" interface for a very tidy setup.

PS - the panel SWR meter on the TS-2000 does indicate SWR while the KT-100 is tuning (different from the TS-850 comment below)

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2009 20:14 Send this review to a friend
Tunes Difficult Antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got a KT-100 to use with my TS2000(X). It easily matches two of my collection of G5RV variants that are real Bears to tune up even with a good manual tuner! The only tuner that I have that is better is an MFJ Remote tuner which MUCH larger and requires a DC power injector to operate.

N4JQQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2009 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Does What They Say It Should  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Picked up one for my TS-850S. Much cheaper and easier to find than the AT-850 internal tuner. Works like it is supposed to. I also have a second 850 with the internal tuner. When you use the KT-100, it operates like the factory tuner but you do not see the SWR meter operate as it finds a match. Also, in the tips section of the manual for the TS-850S, you are reminded to make sure the switch on the back of the radio's panel is in the EXT position. If you have never used this switch, you will notice that there is a panel over it to hold it in whatever position you have chosen. You remove this little panel with two screws and flip it over after you move the switch. I only mention it because I neglected to do this and had to pull the radio back out of its hole in my operating area. The only other comment I have concerns the length of the control cable and jumper. They are about 12" long. If you can't set the tuner on top of your rig or next to it, this presents a problem. I would like to see them provide a little longer set of cables.