Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | LDG Z-817 QRP Autotuner Help

Reviews Summary for LDG Z-817 QRP Autotuner
LDG Z-817 QRP Autotuner Reviews: 23 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $129.99
Description: The ultimate QRP autotuner with built-in interface for FT-817. Powered by four internal AA batteries that lasts over a year. Tuning could not be simpler; one button push on the tuner is all that is needed and the Z-817 takes care of the rest. It will switch to PKT mode, transmit a carrier, tune the tuner, then restore the radio to the previous mode! 2000 memories cover 160 through 6 meters. Matches up to 8 to 1 SWR and up to 20 watts.
More info: http://www.ldgelectronics.com/

You can write your own review of the LDG Z-817 QRP Autotuner.

W8AQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2008 19:41 Send this review to a friend
Nice Little Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I own LDG AT-897 and Z-100 autotuners. Have been happy with both. I bought the Z-817 basically because it would give me one button tuning on my FT-817. I had used the Z-100 quite successfully so thought the one touch tune would be a plus. The Z-817 arrived two days ago. I spent the weekend on the air with it and am VERY impressed. It tuned everything I hit it with and without an hesitation. 40 meter inverted vee, dipole, etc. I am selling the Z-100 and very happy with the little Z0817.

W6GQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2008 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Good Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I bought this tuner because I have had so much luck with the Z-100 Ultra tuner. This Z-817 has made me just as happy. One downfall I have found is tuning 60 meter with the FT-817ND. It will not provide any RF output in the PSK mode on 60 meter as is should not. I just have to find out how to make the Z-817 tune while I talk on USB. Now I have to read the the manual =(

VE2EQL Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2008 10:17 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received it. Tested it with LDG baluns 4:1 & 1:1 models. My antennas are a 176 ft dipole with ladder line, and 2 - 88 ft dipoles also fed with ladder line. I also used current baluns and chokes. I had no trouble tuning any band, which it did quickly. The 4 - AA internal batteries have been running for two days, with constant re-tuning all over the band edges to see if there was a spot where the Z-817 would not tune. I have not found , anywhere on the bands, where it did not work. I also connected a BIRD wattmeter with a 5 watt slug on the output to see what the SWR was. The major selling point was having internal AA batteries, which will last a long time. BTW, I have also used it on a BIX20, and tunes easily. So buying this for another radio provides dual use. My next experiment is to use a whip antenna like the AT-271 on my back pack with a trailing wire. I also have the LDG QRP tuner, 2 - Z-100 and I just purchased the K-100 tuner for use with a TS-50. They all worked great, and support is first class.