Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | WCS-208 Help

Reviews Summary for WCS-208
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $25.00
Description: Computer to radio programming software
More info: http://www.rtsystemsinc.com

You can write your own review of the WCS-208.

KE1B Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2009 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Works out of the box!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also heard horror stories about the Icom software for this radio, so I tried the RT systems product. First of all, I am generally wary of Windows software (sorry, I'm a Mac-aholic), particularly when it uses semi-custom hardware like the USB/serial interface cable.

This unit worked perfectly, no hiccups, no driver incompatibilities, no obscure error messages--just like a Mac program. (Sorry, I had to do that.)

In fact, I use it on my Mac, running Windows XP under virtualization software (VMware Fusion). I am able to cut-and-paste memory entries between the Windows software and my native Mac memory manager that I use for my IC-7000.

I also have the RT programming software for the Yaesu FT-60R, and that works identically (it is the same engine and UI, just a different cable and different context, e.g. number of memories, number of characters, etc.).

I recommend any of the RT programming software highly.

VK5HCF Rating: 5/5 Nov 7, 2008 12:57 Send this review to a friend
Computer to radio or radio to computer memory programming softw  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this product to take the pain out of programming multiple memories into my Icom IC-208H. I had a lot of trouble getting the program to run BUT after a couple of emails to RT systems and the offer from them to ring me in Australia I rang them and they talked me through and found the problem, a non compatable cable bought on ebay from China.Once I got the cable sorted out the program runs realy well. I can now type in memories with all setting, (receive/transmit frequencies, offsets, memory bank, alpha channel names, the lot. Very impressed.