Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | XGGCOMMS Icom Digital Interface Help

Reviews Summary for XGGCOMMS Icom Digital Interface
XGGCOMMS Icom Digital Interface Reviews: 11 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $39.99 shipping included (at leas
Description: This interface offers full CAT control of your Icom Transceiver via your PC's RS-232 port and the Radio's 3.5mm CAT (CI-V) Jack . Additionally, the interface connects your PC sound card line in/out jacks to the radio's 8 pin Din accessory socket for full transmit and receive audio interfacing allowing you to operate modes such as PSK-31, WEFAX, SSTV, PACTOR, Packet, AFSK CW and many more.

This interface is compatible with:
IC-275, IC-375, IC-575, IC-707, IC-725, IC-726, IC-728,
IC-729, IC-735, IC-736, IC-737, IC-738, IC-746,
IC-746Pro, IC-756, IC-756Pro2, IC-756Pro3, IC-761,
IC-765, IC-775, IC-775DSP, IC-7400, IC-7700, IC-7800,
IC-781, IC-820, IC-821, IC-910, IC-970.
More info: http://xggcomms.com/

You can write your own review of the XGGCOMMS Icom Digital Interface.

KB9TU Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2013 18:01 Send this review to a friend
Just plain works  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was using one of XGGCOMMS radio control cables for several years for rig control only on my Icom IC-736 and HRD. When I decided to give PSK31 a try, I purchased their Icom CAT IC-Cable-7. I received it in short order and installed it in minutes. It works great, I was up and running with PSK31 in short order. I'm using it with HRD/DM780 and also with Digipan. It works fine with both programs. I'm a believer in the keep it simple system, and this product just plain works. Take the time to read the instructions for setting up your software and computer configuration and you should have no problems.

G0CAS Rating: 0/5 Sep 10, 2011 00:38 Send this review to a friend
BUZZING  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Would not work properly. intermittent results at best. Spent many hours struggling with this and I could not get rid of a constant "buzzing noise" which spoilt any strong signals that could be heard above the buzz. Purchased a proper one from a HRD recommended supplier which works flawlessly and costs less.

KR3EP Rating: 5/5 Jul 9, 2010 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Great interface  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this interface for my Icom-706mk2g. Is a great little interface. It has a ttl-232 leveler. It takes just about a minute to hook up. I have found it to be more sensative than some other more expensive interfaces. There have been several comments about no isolation, I have found no problems. IF there are spurs that show in the watwerfall I found that 2 things will fix it. 1 put a ferrit bead on the computer end. 2 make sure that your sound card is not adjacent to any other cards in your computer as it will cross talk. Overall I would buy another one. It works well with every program I have tried.

G0EQF Rating: 1/5 May 21, 2010 14:07 Send this review to a friend
POOR  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got a ground loop at 50HZ (you will only see the groundloop trace if you configure the waterfall to display down to 50hz).
Was present and STRONG on RX which meant small signals where being affected. I had no idea it was there until I changed the waterfall display.
It was also present on TX when monitored locally.
Overall, dissapointing when one consdiers an isolated interface is safer for the radio and the PC. An isolated interface is around the same price or not much more, and one can pick up a searate cheap cat interface to go with it anywhere.

KB4MB Rating: 5/5 Jan 20, 2010 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Cable  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I tried making an interface cable, but I will tell you this - little wires and soldering for me don't go well. You can call me whatever you want, but trying to solder to an 8 pin mic connection never works for me - 1/8" jacks are fine, but anything smaller and I go crazy.

I wanted somthing simple to interface to my Icom 718, provide rig control and PTT capabilities so I can do digital modes as well as have the computer log the frequency when I am using my logging software (CQRLOG in Linux, FLDIGI in Linux). The main problem with other setups are the cables are too short - everyone assumes your computer is right next to the rig. My setup has the rig on one table in the corner, and the computer/workdesk on the other.

I took a shot at the 5m cables, and with the money back guarantee, I figured if it didn't work, I could send it back.

No external boxes, no fiddly knobs, everything was simple, and the PTT isolation and powering happens all in the DB9. Quality was excellent, the rig control worked flawlessly with hamlib (the backend in linux for rigs). Fldigi needed to use its' internal RIGCAT otherwise is would Segment Fault, but it worked great as well. Everything plugs into the ACC jack, and there are no ground loops or anything (worried since there are no isolation transformers). Within the hour I had a psk31 chat with Italy on 40m at night was 40 watts.

REMEMBER TO TURN THE MIC GAIN OFF ON THIS CABLE IF YOU HAVE THE IC-718. The mic is live when you use the ACC port!

Yeah, the cable is a little pricy for what it really is, but that includes overseas shipping, and turnaround was super fast, so I have no real complaints with that.

I am very happy and would recommend this product to anyone with an Icom!

AE5JU Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2009 18:24 Send this review to a friend
Works just fine.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I plugged it in and it worked. No ground loops, and that is with a laptop (HP DV6000) that is famous for ground loop problems. A very KISS product.

BERNIE Rating: 0/5 Mar 29, 2009 22:26 Send this review to a friend
NO ISOLATION  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well these are about as "naff" as you can get. No isolation whatsoever. Not cheap either when you consider that your getting a set of simple leads.

K2MIK Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2009 15:59 Send this review to a friend
Great all way around!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
XGGCOMMS interface works great, Really good build quality, great price.. You cant go wrong.

BUCKLAWRENCE Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2009 11:41 Send this review to a friend
great experiance!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Works great . Fast shipping !!! Great at communication also . I am pleased as punch.

KN4NN Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2009 11:28 Send this review to a friend
The cat's meow for PSK es other digi modes  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this on suggestion of friend who uses one. wanting to get started with PSK and Hell, I did'nt want to spend alot. For $39.98, it was delivered to my door. Hook up and set up was simple. Used with Hamradio deluxe my IC-746 now is controlled by the PC and digi modes, logging etc are a breeze. Constuction is FB. tnx for building a "affordable" interface" that works.