Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | LP-PAN / LP-PAN 2 Help

Reviews Summary for LP-PAN / LP-PAN 2
LP-PAN / LP-PAN 2 Reviews: 44 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $250.
Description: LP-PAN 2 is a hardware decoder which is optimized for use with a receiver's IF output. When coupled with free customized SDR software, it provides an integrated real time display and more. When used with radios like the Elecraft K3 or Yaesu FTdx5000, it provides the best of both worlds... world class performance linked to world class software. Features include realtime spectrum and waterfall displays, point-and-click graphic tuning for both VFOs, one click band and mode control, automatic K3 IF/DSP offset tracking, dual receiver capability with one receiver, and more. LP-PAN 2 comes with serial port bridging software, which provides simultaneous sharing of the rig and multiple rig control programs such as loggers, CW Skimmer, PSK programs and others. LP-PAN 2 is available for most radios with an IF output jack, as well as some which can be modified to add one.
More info: http://www.telepostinc.com/

You can write your own review of the LP-PAN / LP-PAN 2.

G3UXB Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 11:36 Send this review to a friend
Easy set up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my LP-PAN2 bought the Asus U5 sound card both work excellent with my Surface Pro 3 and Tentec Eagle right out of the box, could not be happier, thanks Larry

VA3MLV Rating: 5/5 Jul 11, 2016 02:07 Send this review to a friend
Great & so easy  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hardware: Ok so I purchased the yaesu ftdx3000 , had it for a few months & than got the lppan2 panadapter with cables from a fellow operator in west coast of Canada, ordered new external Asus Xonar U7 soundcard & hooked it all up very easily / downloaded what needed to be downloaded, Software: powersdr IF or Nap3 & hamradiodeluxe . I personally run nap3 & HRD at the same time & it's great in every way, just with a laptop & windows 7 with external speakers , dual receive , extra filters to as wide or narrow as you like , set up is so easy after you figure it all out. My HRD is customized to colours & pop ups I want , my nap3 is also customized in colour & bandscope & filters etc. overall it's easy & great. Pictures on qrz.com & videos under my call VA3MLV on google.

KG7QIA Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2016 17:08 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this unit about a month ago. If you purchase the sound card and follow the directions it works perfect. I contacted Larry and He helped me fine tune the unit. Perfect Tech support. He took the time and even helped me more than I could have ever expected. This is exactly what I wanted without the 1000 dollar price tag. If your looking for a Panadapter look no further..

KC2OUU Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2016 13:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Product and Great support.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought my original LP-Pan from Larry after talking to him on the phone. I had questions about the hookup to my FT-950 and Larry was very helpful and responsive. Later when I sold the FT-950 and bought an FTDX-3000 I phoned Larry and asked if it was possible to modify the original LP-Pan that I had for my FT-950 once again Larry was very helpful and sold me the few pieces I needed to change the unit to support the FTDX-3000.

Recently I bought and Elecraft K3 and I had zero hesitation to order a new LP-Pan 2 for use with that radio.

I have nothing but good things to say about Larry’s product or support.

Larry if you ever read this. Thank you for your outstanding products and support.

K2OO Rating: 5/5 Dec 22, 2015 23:22 Send this review to a friend
Worth every penny!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I couldn't be happier with my choice to buy this amazing SDR radio. I'm using it with my FTdx3000 and the Axus Xonar U7 sound card. Larry couldn't have been more helpful in getting me set up and running. There is a learning curve with the NaP3 software which I am still climbing. In years past, I have had a SDR-IQ which is much more expensive. The LP-PAN2 is every bit as good. The Yahoo LP-PAN group is a great source of help which shouldn't be forgotten.

N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2015 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Revision of my review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just wanted to add some info that may help others if they decide to get this amazing piece of equipment.

I was having crashing issues with the NAP3 RC4 software. It would crash often when I changed frequencies or bands.

I originally was running this with my Kenwood TS830. I then got myself a Kenwood TS850 to allow for complete control of the radio with the LP Pan2 and NaP3 software. Very nice.

So I downloaded the older NAP3 RC1 software and now all is well. The NAP3 software has no real support as the person who designed this software is no longer involved in it. The NAP3 RC1 software does not have the crashing issues that the RC4 version has. The RC4 version is out there but for most of the folks, the RC1 version is the one to use. Try the RC4 to see and if it does crash, go with the RC1 version.

Once you go to SDR, you will never go back. I have not touched my VFO or band switches on my Kenwood TS850 since I got this amazing device. Seeing band activity and then mousing over and clicking and then quickly......you are there.
I am now running the audio through my computer and I have the high end Audioengine A5+ speakers and the Kenwood TS850 never sounded better. The receive of the LP Pan2 is amazing. The filtering is great.

While not really a pure SDR.....the LP Pan2 does allow for seeing the activity on the band and moving to where the action is. This amazing piece of equipment along with older radios makes going SDR to those who still love their old rigs with knobs. With the LP Pan2, you can have the best of both worlds.

Larry Phipps has done it again. I have the LP 100A power meter and was impressed with it. The LP Pan2 is another piece of amazing radio technology that makes older radios that are supported, a player in the SDR game.

KD1AB Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2015 18:27 Send this review to a friend
Exellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my LP-Pan2 in two days after phone in the order, and in operation on the same day. I use it with my FTdx-3000D. I really wonder why I had to struggle with 3000D's small built-in display!! First day, my computer, 6-core, 16-GByte, frizzed couple times. I called Larry, and he guided me that I didn't needed to use LPB2, but NaP3 handled HRD directly. It really is handy to do SPLIT on CW. I added four new countries in two days. What a nice piece of addition!!

AA5JD Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2015 08:33 Send this review to a friend
Very nice addition to my shack!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered the LP-PAN2 and it was delivered 3 days later. I installed it to use HRD 6.3 with my Yaesu FTdx3000 and the ASUS Xonar U7 7.1 USB Sound Card. After a few trials I got it to work superbly with the NaP3 ver4 SDR software! Larry Phipps Telepostinc.com page has all the information and software you need. Very nice display using the spanafall setting. Easy linking to most DX spotting services displaying the DX call sign right on the spanafall display. I couldn't have made a better addition to my shack.

LA2RRA Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2014 01:40 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: more than 12 months
Lp pan 2 ordered and delivered fast in Norway. Plays very well with my Kenwood TS 870. I have an old Lp pan for my Elecraft K3 who also plays very well. Lot of software to find on net but i use nap3. Thanks Larry

NG9W Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2014 11:52 Send this review to a friend
LP-PAN 2 Works As Good As Ever  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Replaced my LP-PAN on my FT-950 with an LP-PAN 2 for a FTdx3000. Plug-and-play. Using NaP3 for panadapter software.