Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Nagoya NA-666 Help

Reviews Summary for Nagoya NA-666
Nagoya NA-666 Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $20.00
Description: Dual Band HT Antenna
Frequency 144 / 430 MHz Gain 2.15 dB Height 230 mm Weight 26 g
Connector BNC, SMA-Male, SMA-Female
More info: http://www.nagoya.com.tw/

You can write your own review of the Nagoya NA-666.

9W2ARL Rating: 4/5 Jan 8, 2010 19:24 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna but not for heavy duty use  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
after testing this like antenna give good receive and transmit on my FT60R and other HT on 2M and 70CM.

It's even can hit the 2M repeater inside building that put Diamond RH775 hand down for this part. RH775 can only get S1 signal and unable to transmit at same location. With this NA-666 i can get S3-S4 and able to transmit with good Q4 signal.

This Antenna look ugly when compare with RH 519 or SMA-503.

N4BFD Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2009 19:26 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Mechanically the whip is easy to get bent right at the base, however it's held up well the last year.

This is one of my better performing antennas, I have a couple of 19" whips, and somehow this little guy performs very close to them on 2m. UHF it is pretty good, no problems at all. Makes a great antenna for radios such as the VX-3r. Several locals here have them and everyone is pleased. They also make great antennas for out of band reception.

F0FXL Rating: 2/5 Aug 4, 2009 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Could have been a killer....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought this antenna from eBay. I thought i've made a great bargain but i got disappointed as soon as i started testing it.

The antenna construction seems to be robust and would stand some heavy duty use. I mainly bought it to replace the vx-7r original rubber duck which is very stiff. This is not handy when carrying the radio on the belt or in the inside pocket of my jacket.
I didn't expect much more performance than the original rubber duck from this na-666, and my testing proved that it is at least as good as the original one, but most of the time a little bit worse.
Things went bad when i started measuring SWR of this na-666. Neither on 2M or 70cm i got values below 2.2 !
The original ruber duck had a good 1.5 on 2m and 1.1 on 70cm !
Maybe i received a faulty antenna, but i can not keep this on my HT. High SWR means higher current drain on the battery thus less operating time or even worse the HT finals might fail one day.

I give it a 2, because it will serve as a nice scanner antenna on my father's IC-R5...

Nice try Nagoya, but i will spend some extra buck to get a Diamond SRH-519 or similar...

G0YAP Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2009 05:14 Send this review to a friend
Amazing  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought one of these cheap off E Bay from Radiogearpro. Cost me just over 10.00 inc shipping. I wanted a dual band antenna for my Yaesu VX-7 as the supplied antenna is as stiff as a board and makes the handheld difficult to turn to unlock from the belt hook. This Nagoya 666 is about the same length, works about the same on 70cms and 2mtrs as the Yaesu one but I do lose 6mtrs. I find it slightly better on 2 mtrs and the same when on WFM broadcast. You can tie the whip in a knot and it springs back!! Super antenna and worth the money if you just want 2 and 70.

K7MH Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2009 18:52 Send this review to a friend
Good Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one on Ebay for my VX-2R. Much better than the original antenna whether in the ham bands or otherwise.
I could not hear NOAA Weather station with the original antenna and I can with the Nagoya.
Same with several local AM broadcast stations. Before, I heard nothing on the AM band.

KD7DYV Rating: 4/5 Nov 10, 2008 17:19 Send this review to a friend
Great 70cm  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this one for a couple of days now, and I am impressed with the 70cm in particular. My antenna of choice was the Comet SMA-24, and this little guy eats it on UHF side. It is a little weaker in the 2M side, however the loss to me is minor, compared to the 70cm gain and the fact that this antenna is about 1/3 as long. I don't get that signal "in and out" that I was getting with that super flexible long SMA-24. Used on a Yaesu VX-5, the base sits flush on the radio. Picked up the 70cm repeaters in the valley 3-4 S units. Dropped approx. 1 S unit on the 2 meter. Very flexible, but stiff enough not to flop around. All in all, pretty happy for the price paid on Ebay.