Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9B Help

Reviews Summary for N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9B
N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9B Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $see website for prices
Description: The ZN-9B is a heavier version of the ZN-9A. It is on a 3/4" x 3"d x 4"w base and weighs 3 pounds 1 oz. It has 4 one inch diameter feet. It is designed for the heavy hitter.
More info: http://www.n3znkeys.com

You can write your own review of the N3ZN KEYS Model ZN-9B.

N8WRL Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2009 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Stunning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is one of those cases where you don't realize what you've been missing out on until you try it. I have been using a Bencher paddle since I was licensed in 1993 and it works fine. I found my interest in CW waning, and thought maybe a new key would respark it. After some research, I sent Tony a note. After a few emails, I settled on the ZN-9B and it arrived a week early. All I can say is, STUNNING. The workmanship is amazing. I had no idea a key could 'feel' like this. It is nice and heavy - I used to have to hold my BY-1 down. GET ONE! And, Thanks Tony!

W2UP Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2009 07:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second N3ZN key, the first being the ZN-5A. I am a high speed CW op and was looking for a "rock solid" key. At "normal" speeds, the 5A was just fine. However, at 60 WPM, there was just a little bit of movement of the key (a smooth, wooden desk surface didn't help in this regard.) After talking with Tony, we decided on this key. It has the same low mass, short arm mechanism of the 5A, and the same fine-threaded adjustment screws, but with a heavier base and 4 rubber feet rather than 3. I'm very pleased with it, including Tony's quick responses to emails and prompt shipping.

This is the key I will be taking with me to Bulgaria in Sept 2009, as a participant in the IARU High Speed Telegraphy Competition.

NI0C Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2008 04:59 Send this review to a friend
Rock stable with superb workmanship  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For several years, I've been using my Brown Bros. BTL-A paddles which have given good service and hold their adjustments rock solid. I've been looking for a second paddle to use so I have the option of instantly choosing my K3's internal keyer or an external keyer. I've already rejected a Vibroplex "code warrior" for this purpose. I was looking for a key that is easily adjustable and stable. I've found it in N3ZN's ZN-9B.

After only a few days of practice with it, the ZN-9B has been promoted to my primary key, with the Brown Bros. relegated to second place.

The ZN-9B has the mass, moment of inertia, and friction coefficient to stay put on my smooth varnished operating desk as I push on its very stiff fingerpieces. (Unfortunately, yes, I do admit to being a "heavy hitter" on my paddles. Perhaps it comes from years of chasing rare DX, and being excited when I use the paddles to complete my QSO's.)

It has very fine pitched individual adjustments for tension and spacing for each lever, making it a snap to find just the right setting, and each screw instantly locks into position after adjustment is made.

The key arrived via Fed Ex in bomb proof packaging and obviously had retained its initial precision factory settings.

Finally, the key is simply a work of art-- beautiful to look at.

Thanks to Tony Baleno, N3ZN, for his advice and help in selecting this new key in his very excellent line.