Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | David Clark H10-30 Help

Reviews Summary for David Clark H10-30
David Clark H10-30 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $275.00
Description: Aviation headset that is easily interfaced to many rigs
More info: http://www.davidclark.com

You can write your own review of the David Clark H10-30.

N2DE Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2008 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Perfect with a Drake TR7  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have used David Clark headphones for many years, and as a pure CW operator this was all I needed since I rarely ever touched the microphone that I had lying around somewhere. A couple of weeks ago I found the H10-30 headset for a very reasonable price, and I couldn't resist tinkering a bit with my Drake TR7A to see if I could use the microphone, too. The Drake is designed for high impedance microphones, and the amplified aviation microphone on this headset is low impedance and requires a supply voltage. It took a bit of experimentation, but in the end only three resistors and a capacitor were required to hook it up. The frequency response of this microphone is perfect if your goal is maximum intelligibility, as you would expect from something that professional pilots use. The headphones, too, are designed for that purpose. They completely block out external noise, and you can wear them comfortably for many hours. This headset is perfect for me, and, of course, it looks incredibly cool.