Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL Help

Reviews Summary for ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL
ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL Reviews: 62 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $379.
Description: A 10 though 40 meter multiband vertical ground plane.Has 6 aluminum radials 100 inches long.Vertical element is 21.5 feet tall.This vertical is self resonant across the whole 20 meter band So it can be used as a monoband 20 meter vertical.mounts to a 1 3/4 inch OD pipe and it can be mounted on a 10 foot pipe in the ground.Requires a matching transformer.
More info: http://WWW.ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS.COM

You can write your own review of the ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL.

PY1OW Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2012 10:42 Send this review to a friend
ALL IS VY GUD.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WELL.I DID BUY MY ZERO-FIVE GP 10/40, AND I PUTTED IT IN MY HOME, NO GOOD PLACE, BECAUSE IT WAS ONLY FOR MAKE A SUPERFICIAL CHECK, BELEIVE IT OR NOT, IT WILL THERE FOR EVER, HI !. THIS IS A REAL SPECIAL ANTENNA : ALL CLEAR, STRONG, VERY,VERY EASY TO INSTALL, A WONDERFUL RESULT, DUE TO THE PLACE IS NOT GOOD TO PUT A SERIOUS ANTENNA, BUT A LOT QSO'S IN 3 CONTINENTS.
I AM VY HAPPY WITH IT. JUST ASSEMBLE AND GOOD BYE ! ! !.
73, TOM PY1TU.

KA2DDX Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2012 19:17 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
All I can say is that this antenna is great - you put it up and guy it down (cuz it wobbles a lot) with the dacron/polyester rope you get from dx-engineering, and it performs great - I've had it up since last fall, high winds galore here in WNY (eastern end of Lake Erie) and this baby keeps going great - wonderful product - my FT-950 internal tuner even tunes it on 160 (yeah, I'm shocked too) - no complaints, lots of dx, espcially on the higher HF bands - Thanks to Tom at ZeroFive for a wonderful product and customer service.................Larry KA2DDX

K7CB Rating: 3/5 Feb 14, 2012 08:14 Send this review to a friend
It Works, But...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had my GP1040 up since December. While the antenna works on TX, I can't say the same for receive. Before I got the GP1040, I was using an 80M dipole and an LDG AT-200 Pro wide range tuner for other bands. It works fairly well, but I want something less directional on the higher bands to use in conjunction with the 2 element SteppIR beam I'm slowly installing on a tower in my back yard. I decided to try the GP1040 over a Titan DX or R8 based on the reviews and price. Assembly is a snap and takes about 30 minutes at most. I installed mine 30' above ground using a tripod and 10' of mast on top of our house. While the antenna itself isn't guyed, I have four guy ropes installed just below the antenna. So far, it has endured 60 MPH wind gusts just fine. Now, how does it perform? On 40, 30 and 20 meters I get an S-7 to S-9 noise level that prevents me from hearing all but the strongest stations. If I use the dipole, which is mounted on the same mast, the noise is still there but it doesn't go any higher than S-1. Stations I can't hear on the GP1040 are solid copy on the dipole. I've used the GP1040 on 10M and have found that it works as well as the dipole...sometimes better depending on conditions. Are my receive problems a flaw of the antenna? Hard to say...but I've done everything that has been suggested to make it usable to no avail. My plan is to take it down and replace it with the 2 element beam and use it there until I'm ready to put the tower up. I may try ground mounting the GP1040 10' above my back fence to see if there's any improvement.

KF7QLQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2012 06:01 Send this review to a friend
Very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Installed at 20' with 100' of LMR-400 as recommended. First observation was a noticeable reduction in noise. I am able to tune 10m-80m at <1.5 SWR with a Tokyo Hy-power HC-200at tuner.
DX contacts to Japan and Northern Russia were at 5/8 using 65 watts on a day that was so-so. Tom is an example of what customer service used to be. He was available any day to answer questions and give suggestions. Construction is superb. Assembly took me 30-minutes.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 06:21 Send this review to a friend
So Far So Good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Put up the ZF10-40GP antenna on my small lot, where I have been using an R8 for the last five years! Yesterday after the antenna system was completely tuned, was able to check the R8 against against the ZF10-40GP, The results were on 40 & 20m the R8 had 1 to 2 S units higher signal reading on some of the stronger signals, but also brought in more band noise, switching to the ZF background noise when way down, I could pull in more DX, on 17-10n the ZF was 1 to 3 S units stronger than my R8 with much less band noise. So far this new antenna meets my needs and then some...............KB6HRT

KC9OAA Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2011 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the zero-five put up today.I tried it mounted over the steel roof on my shop and it tuned right up fine.I then installed the radials and WOW outstanding performance 10-40m.I would definitely recommend this antenna.I was skeptical about the great reviews,but the antenna performs very well and putting it together was a breeze.

W5LV Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2011 09:37 Send this review to a friend
ROCK SOLID --- BULLET PROOF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a ham since 1969 and have owned many antennas, both bought and built. I have owned Hy-Gain 12AVQ, 14AVQ, 18VS verticals. I have owned the MFJ-1796 vertical 40-20-10-6-2 and the Hustler HUB-6BTV. The ZeroFive 10-40 vertical has them all beat. Quality materials and built like a tank. All parts go together well and clearly marked for easy installation. I mounted mine on a 21 ft joint of 1" steel pipe fixed to the side of the house. The antenna is tall (27') but it is a nice antenna. I worked many countries with it and it is just a few S units lower than my 7 El Yagi antenna on certain bands. It works real well on 40 meters and 17 meters. Tom took my order and gave me the tracking info by Email when the antenna shipped which was the next business day. A quality vertical at a fair price. It's a keeper.

WS4AM Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2011 05:56 Send this review to a friend
Look - Perfect Verticle Antenna and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ham for over 30 years with beams and towers BUT new QTH is a lightning magnet so needed an EASY TO USE foldover. Researched verticles and decided on the ZeroFive 10-40 GP Verticle. What a pleasure to see and hold a work of such excellent craftmanship. Saturday morning to put up. Mine is at 15 feet. It matched wonderfully with my Icom 775DSP and MFJ993B Autotuner. Across 160 - 10 meters there is only one 10kc segment that the SWR is 1.4...otherwise 95% of the bands match PERFECTLY. In the week I have had it up, worked over 80 countries in the CQ WW SSB test. And outside the test worked some good dx also. It's no beam, but when a spot comes on the cluster for a rare one...I don't have to turn a beam so can usually be one of the first to make contact. Armchair QSO's have been getting great reports on 40 - 10 (have not tried 160 or 80 yet). So the antenna is fantastic and a great choice.
Tom's service is unbelievable. Call and he picks up the phone and is willing to help with anything.
When a ham makes a purchase, the product should work, be a quality manufacutered product and have reasonable support to back it up. The ZEROFIVE 10-40 Verticle GP, exceeds all expectations for me and my neighbors say it even looks good.

KA2CDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2011 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my Zero-Five ground plane vertical on Sunday last and received it this past Thursday. It took 20 minutes to assemble. No manual is supplied because it is not needed. All parts are labeled for proper placement. The construction is solid with welded joints at the base.

The antenna is installed on a telescopic mast up 25 feet. I have 75 feet of coax running to it.

I am running 100 watts from my Icom IC-7000 using the IT-100 antenna tuner. SWR is within specs on all bands.

As of this morning I have talked to Venezuela,Argentina,Brazil,Canada with 5/9 reports and my latest just a little while ago was into Italy with a 10/9 report!

I am very happy with the performance so far. I am hearing DX stations that I never have heard before using my dipole.

I recommend this antenna over all the other commercial antennas available in this price range.

NI2S Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2011 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After many frustrating and ultimately unsuccessful attempts to get a Mosley trap vertical to work, I gave up and bought a ZeroFive ground plane vertical.

This is the first commercial antenna I've bought that was so simple and fool-proof to assemble that there is no need for an assembly manual. It took me approximately 20 minutes to assemble. First test - SWR on each band was right in line with specs.

My first contact with this new antenna? Gambia! On 100 watts out. That's nearly 4,000 miles from my QTH.

At long last I am back on HF, and could not be happier.

Well done ZeroFive!