Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Verticals and Wire | ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL Help

Reviews Summary for ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL
ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL Reviews: 58 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $379.
Description: A 10 though 40 meter multiband vertical ground plane.Has 6 aluminum radials 100 inches long.Vertical element is 21.5 feet tall.This vertical is self resonant across the whole 20 meter band So it can be used as a monoband 20 meter vertical.mounts to a 1 3/4 inch OD pipe and it can be mounted on a 10 foot pipe in the ground.Requires a matching transformer.
More info: http://WWW.ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS.COM

You can write your own review of the ZEROFIVE-ANTENNAS 10 THROUGH 40 METER GROUND PLANE VERTICAL.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2011 06:21 Send this review to a friend
So Far So Good!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Put up the ZF10-40GP antenna on my small lot, where I have been using an R8 for the last five years! Yesterday after the antenna system was completely tuned, was able to check the R8 against against the ZF10-40GP, The results were on 40 & 20m the R8 had 1 to 2 S units higher signal reading on some of the stronger signals, but also brought in more band noise, switching to the ZF background noise when way down, I could pull in more DX, on 17-10n the ZF was 1 to 3 S units stronger than my R8 with much less band noise. So far this new antenna meets my needs and then some...............KB6HRT

KC9OAA Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2011 12:24 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the zero-five put up today.I tried it mounted over the steel roof on my shop and it tuned right up fine.I then installed the radials and WOW outstanding performance 10-40m.I would definitely recommend this antenna.I was skeptical about the great reviews,but the antenna performs very well and putting it together was a breeze.

W5LV Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2011 09:37 Send this review to a friend
ROCK SOLID --- BULLET PROOF  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a ham since 1969 and have owned many antennas, both bought and built. I have owned Hy-Gain 12AVQ, 14AVQ, 18VS verticals. I have owned the MFJ-1796 vertical 40-20-10-6-2 and the Hustler HUB-6BTV. The ZeroFive 10-40 vertical has them all beat. Quality materials and built like a tank. All parts go together well and clearly marked for easy installation. I mounted mine on a 21 ft joint of 1" steel pipe fixed to the side of the house. The antenna is tall (27') but it is a nice antenna. I worked many countries with it and it is just a few S units lower than my 7 El Yagi antenna on certain bands. It works real well on 40 meters and 17 meters. Tom took my order and gave me the tracking info by Email when the antenna shipped which was the next business day. A quality vertical at a fair price. It's a keeper.

WS4AM Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2011 05:56 Send this review to a friend
Look - Perfect Verticle Antenna and Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Ham for over 30 years with beams and towers BUT new QTH is a lightning magnet so needed an EASY TO USE foldover. Researched verticles and decided on the ZeroFive 10-40 GP Verticle. What a pleasure to see and hold a work of such excellent craftmanship. Saturday morning to put up. Mine is at 15 feet. It matched wonderfully with my Icom 775DSP and MFJ993B Autotuner. Across 160 - 10 meters there is only one 10kc segment that the SWR is 1.4...otherwise 95% of the bands match PERFECTLY. In the week I have had it up, worked over 80 countries in the CQ WW SSB test. And outside the test worked some good dx also. It's no beam, but when a spot comes on the cluster for a rare one...I don't have to turn a beam so can usually be one of the first to make contact. Armchair QSO's have been getting great reports on 40 - 10 (have not tried 160 or 80 yet). So the antenna is fantastic and a great choice.
Tom's service is unbelievable. Call and he picks up the phone and is willing to help with anything.
When a ham makes a purchase, the product should work, be a quality manufacutered product and have reasonable support to back it up. The ZEROFIVE 10-40 Verticle GP, exceeds all expectations for me and my neighbors say it even looks good.

KA2CDT Rating: 5/5 Oct 31, 2011 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered my Zero-Five ground plane vertical on Sunday last and received it this past Thursday. It took 20 minutes to assemble. No manual is supplied because it is not needed. All parts are labeled for proper placement. The construction is solid with welded joints at the base.

The antenna is installed on a telescopic mast up 25 feet. I have 75 feet of coax running to it.

I am running 100 watts from my Icom IC-7000 using the IT-100 antenna tuner. SWR is within specs on all bands.

As of this morning I have talked to Venezuela,Argentina,Brazil,Canada with 5/9 reports and my latest just a little while ago was into Italy with a 10/9 report!

I am very happy with the performance so far. I am hearing DX stations that I never have heard before using my dipole.

I recommend this antenna over all the other commercial antennas available in this price range.

NI2S Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2011 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After many frustrating and ultimately unsuccessful attempts to get a Mosley trap vertical to work, I gave up and bought a ZeroFive ground plane vertical.

This is the first commercial antenna I've bought that was so simple and fool-proof to assemble that there is no need for an assembly manual. It took me approximately 20 minutes to assemble. First test - SWR on each band was right in line with specs.

My first contact with this new antenna? Gambia! On 100 watts out. That's nearly 4,000 miles from my QTH.

At long last I am back on HF, and could not be happier.

Well done ZeroFive!

AB9SG Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2011 19:18 Send this review to a friend
Very Impressive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
All I can say is WOW!!! This antenna performs well. I have no problems tuning the antenna with the LDG IT-100 or the built in tuner on my Yaesu FT-990 from 10 Meters through the entire 80 Meter band. The antenna is built very well and should last me a very long time.

ON4XA Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2011 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi all,

I rx 3 days ago my new antenna, ZeroFive GP1040. Yesterday I placed it. And what's the hell it's amazing vertical antenna.

My first contacts today:

All with 100w. Coax cable is only 26m and antenna is 9m high

Great antenna 73's Xavier

K7CJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2011 18:17 Send this review to a friend
So simple it works!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've had my ZF 10-40 GP for almost one year now and I just wanted to record my feedback. My summary sums it up. This antenna doesn't look like much in pictures -- there are no fancy traps or doo-dads hanging all over the place. And best of all, no ugly radial wires strung up anywhere.

My experiences are similar to others. The product is built extremely well. Every piece is very solid. Coming from a Hustler 6BTV the ZF 10-40 GP is a Bentley versus a Honda. There's just no comparison. This goes for performance as well.

For antenna owners that do not want to mess with ugly radial wires or having to spend hours having to tune traps, this is the antenna.

For my installation, I have it against the backyard fence on a piece of 10ft EMT conduit which is sunk in the ground about 2-3 ft. I used Naolox on all of the aluminum joints AFTER thoroughly cleaning them. (I aggressively brushed the connection joints with a scotch pad.)

Despite any preconceived notions that you may have, this IS a DX antenna. I was able to work Antarctica on 100w of power via 20 meters from Seattle!

Picture: http://home.comcast.net/~cnick6/1040b.jpg

VE4AMN Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2011 09:26 Send this review to a friend
Very solid and effective  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a very robust antenna, obviously made with great care. I have it mounted at about 7 meters on an aluminum pole attached to the side of the house.

Initially I was a little disappointed with the antenna, but consultation with Tom fixed the problem - I removed the static lighting protector which is not needed since the antenna is grounded by virtue of its design. Once the grounding was improved it plays real well.

I can tune it anywhere between 40 and 10 with the FT 1000mp tuner, but prefer to use the external manual Palstar AT2K tuner. I have 40 meters of LMR-400 coax feeding it.

I have enjoyed increasing DX (yes I know the susnpots are back)and relative to the inverted V, this is antenna is much superior. The construction, performance and customer service are exemplary.