Reviews Categories | Receive Pre-amps | Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) MSP144VDG-160 Help

Reviews Summary for Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) MSP144VDG-160
Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) MSP144VDG-160 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $239
Description: 2 meter mast mounted preamp with 160W TX switching
More info: http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page17.html

You can write your own review of the Advanced Receiver Research (Ar2) MSP144VDG-160.

W5PFG Rating: 4/5 Mar 5, 2014 17:09 Send this review to a friend
Good product, better service.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with high SWR related to the RF choke used when powering the preamp via coax. Customer service responded quickly and repaired the unit outside the warranty period. I have had great success with the ARR preamps. I believe them to be a great value. The best part is they stand behind their products.

WB0YWW Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2013 17:30 Send this review to a friend
Great Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have both and MSP144VDG-160 and a sp144vdg preamp I used the sp144vdg for several years until high swrs blew it out. Then I ordered a MSP144VDG-160 and so far it has worked great. I sent the sp144vdg in and had it fixed for a very reasonable price. They had a very fast turn around and were very pleasant to do business with. For the price they are hard to beat.And there service was great. WB0YWW

N9ZL Rating: 2/5 Dec 27, 2008 15:52 Send this review to a friend
Could be better  Time owned: more than 12 months
9 months after purchase the preamp failed and indicated high swr on transmit. After bringing it down from the top of the tower and removing a screw, water poured out of the unit. The 'custom weatherproof case' is not very weatherproof. I shipped it back and ARR repaired it with no comment concerning what was wrong or what they fixed. If I hadn't removed the screw, I would have had no clue what had happened.

After that, I sealed the case and all of the screws with silicone caulk before reinstalling. It ran for almost another year, and has failed again. No water this time, but no tx/rx switching and very low power draw. It is out of warranty now.

While it was working the unit was an excellent performer.

If you purchase one, it is vital that you seal around the upper case seams and especially the four screws with caulk before mounting. If I was to do it again, I would mount the unit inside a real weatherproof enclosure.