Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Dentron GLT-1000 Help

Reviews Summary for Dentron GLT-1000
Dentron GLT-1000 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 160 - 10 meter antenna tuner

You can write your own review of the Dentron GLT-1000.

KD0TXC Rating: 5/5 Nov 25, 2013 13:44 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought mine off E Bay last May, can't be any happier. Tried a 949E, while it worked fine, nothing beats the Dentron. Can't see ever using anything else, unless I get a Dentron that can handle more power.

jg
WY0JON

W7LW Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2013 20:36 Send this review to a friend
A quality value tuner for the money  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just picked one of these up; they are very rare.
It is designed around a medium d.c. voltage amplifier in the 1,200 volt range...anything more, like my Clipperton L, which runs about 3k volts, it will arc, because of the minimal plate spacing on both input and output capacitors. It has vernier tuning on the caps, so it is very precise in its tuning. It is very solidly built and a great tuner for low to medium (Less than 1,200 volts) power. It would be an ideal tuner for a solid state amplifier...low voltage, high current.

WA0RRZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2012 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Buy one if you can.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked this tuner up at a Ham Fest for $100,it is built like a tank, and matches my GLA-1000b Amp.I had exspected to have to do some repair when I got it but it works perfect.This must have been a limited production since I can't find any info on it on the web,I have been lookiing for a wireing dia but no one seems to have one.It is a GLA-1000B but probley the same as a 1000,but I can't find anything on it eather,Well worth the money.

K1DDR Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2010 10:59 Send this review to a friend
Solid As A Rock  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this for a number of years and it is as solid as they come. I have used this for everything from tube to Solid State 100 watts to 700+ and it has never faltered. It is built like a brick s&*(house and from what I understand a very small number were manufactured. I have never regretted this addition to my station. Be aware this is a heavy tuner.

KB0YXZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2008 11:28 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Love it. Tunes things my old MFJ-969 would not. Plus it handles the 800W my Ameritron puts out. Well built like a tank and weighs about as much.

K7SU Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2008 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had this tuner since the early 80's. I've tried doing some research on it via the internet but I must be only one of a few who owns this particular tuner. I'm surprised I'm the first one to write a review on it. I bought it brand new and it has always served me well. It tunes just about anything I hook up to it. I've used it on tube rigs, hybrids and solid state rigs. I've used it from 10 to 160 meters. I never see this particular tuner for sale anywhere. I finally found my "manual" for it. It's actually a one-fold pamphlet with the schematic and specs. That's about it. However, you don't really need a manual because it's pretty simple to use. A friend of mine has the Dentron Supertuner. Judging from the schematic it looks as though both units are the same except the GLT-1000 has the built-in meter. This tuner was built as a match for the Dentron GLA-1000 amp. It's a good tuner. The chassis and covers are heavy metal, not thin aluminum. It's heavy and well built. If you have a chance to pick one up second-hand, better get it!