Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest Help

Reviews Summary for N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest
N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Multi-section electrolytic can capacitors and complete electrolytic capacitor recap kits for many Heathkit, Drake and Hammarlund radios. Custom mutli-section caps built to order. Front panel overlay for the Heathkit HW-16, with more in the works.
More info: http://www.hayseedhamfest.com/

You can write your own review of the N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest.

W4PGM Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2015 07:46 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been wanting to recap my Hallicrafters S-118 that I bought in 1964 at age 11. I wanted to keep it as stock as possible so I was interested when I say a YouTube of a recap of a Drake R-2B. The can capacitor was supplied by Hayseed Hamfest. When I went to their site I did not see a standard kit for this model. My e-mail was answered with in a few hours and the Capacitor kit was ready in a few days. The radio works as new. I now remember the warm audio that tubes give you.

KD8KFC Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2015 15:06 Send this review to a friend
Top Drawer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been back several different times over several years, at least since about 2009 for 3 Heathkit radios I have tinkered with and was just back again for some upgrade parts for my Heathkit HW-16 Cw Transceiver. The quality, the tech help, the timeliness and the shipping are second to none. While your at Tom's website check out the photo of the new factory... Something to see.
KD8KFC

W8DRX Rating: 5/5 Sep 22, 2014 18:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Not much to add to the other glowing reviews. First-rate products and excellent communication. I ordered the parts to rebuild my HW-16 power supply. Very high quality parts and the prices are fair. I had a question about my order and Tom helped me out right away. Did I mention that they ship very fast too?

K7PP Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2014 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic business ethic  Time owned: more than 12 months
The way business should be done.

Excellent communication and quality products.

PE1HZG Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2014 02:52 Send this review to a friend
Six points on a scale of five  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered parts for my SB610 monitor and the device has a second life now. Didn't know what I was missing till I did the replacements. Don't forget tot order the resistors too - some had increased tenfold, one was even open.

Ordering parts internationally is always an additional challenge and Tom and crew helped wherever they could, including re-embursing costs that were incorrectly charged by the post.

Recommended!

73, Geert Jan

NQ5T Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2013 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm getting too old and forgetful to remember how many times I've purchased from these folks. They remembered me at least :)

Last item was a new plug-in filter cap for a 51J4. Product and service were both absolutely top notch!!!

K6MJD Rating: 5/5 Jun 28, 2013 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellant, Awesome, Fantastic, Terrific, Tiptop  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just can't find enough words to say good things about Tom and Hayseed Hamfest. I have purchased several cap-kits from Hayseed and I intend on purchasing several more.

Communication is excellant. You always receive an email that your order has been received and and an email when your order has been shipped.

The cap-kits include top quality capacitors. While I could spend a lot of time looking for sources of sometimes hard to find caps for old boat anchor radios, it sure is convenient to make one order and have all caps I need for my particular project.

But what doesn't grow on trees these days are the cap-cans. Hayseed produces beautiful cap-cans. These things are works of art! They are drop-in replacements which are dimensionally identical to the originals. No more do I have to abandon the old cap-cans and hang a bunch of electrolytics underneath. The Hi-Viz terminal symbols even match the originals making installation almost ham-proof.

Speaking of quality, when I ordered the kit for my Drake 2-B, Tom emailed me saying there would be a delay because the cap-cans that he received were not up to his standards. He emailed me when he got the cap-cans that met his standards and sent it out right away.

While there are kits for many popular radios listed on the Hayseed Hamfest Web site, if you don't see what you want, email Tom. If he doesn't already have a cap-kit or cap-can for your radio, he will put one together and he doesn't tack on extra for one-off's. I was working on an Hallicrafters SX-62B which was not at the time listed on the Web site. I emailed Tom, let him know what I was looking for, he did all the research and put together a cap-kit for me at no extra charge.

But this is what really sets Tom away from the rest. A few weeks after I received the SX-62B kit, Tom emailed me saying that he realized that he unnecessarily sent and charged me for a few 1600v caps when all that was required was 630v caps. He was letting me know that he already refunded the difference to my PayPal account!

When I was restoring a Fisher 500-C Stereo Receiver, I contacted Tom because the Fisher has four cap-cans. To my surprise, Tom had the cap-cans in stock even though the Fisher has nothing to do with ham radio.

I generally don't write reviews, but when someone impresses me as much as Tom, I felt that I should take the time to do it.

K3ZL Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2013 17:41 Send this review to a friend
Great Shipping & Customer Support  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super fast shipping of caps. And when I asked him about a source for tubes, he made a quick referral which resulted in all the parts I needed to re tube and re cap my old S-40. I will use Hayseed again on my next project, a Lafayette KT-200.

KG6AF Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2012 11:57 Send this review to a friend
Mystery parts from another dimension?  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having been given a Hallicrafters S-120 shortwave receiver in need of a recapping, I started looking around for parts and stumbled across Hayseed Hamfest. I figured that finding a recap kit for a four-tube receiver made in the early 60's was as likely as finding replacement parts for Ben Hur's chariot in the JC Whitney catalog, but Hayseed Hamfest said they had one. So I ordered the kit on Saturday and it arrived on Monday morning. Upon opening it, I found that in addition to a handful of smaller caps, there's one of those 4-section capacitors in a paper tube. Where in the world did this thing come from? A stash of old capacitors kept in cryogenic suspension? A secret capacitor factory? Was a time machine involved? I have no idea how Hayseed Hamfest pulled this off, but it's certainly good news for anyone with an old receiver that needs a little TLC.

K3JLS Rating: 5/5 Apr 14, 2012 08:42 Send this review to a friend
Great Parts / Great Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello folks.

I've had the occasion to purchase 3 electrolytic capacitor kits from Hayseed and they all worked out perfectly. One was for a Hallicrafters HT-44, one was for an HW-16 and the other for a DX-60.

Tom does really first class work, ships quickly and will take time to answer any questions that you may have.

This is ham radio at its finest!

73's - Joe - K3JLS