Reviews Categories | Electronic Component Suppliers | N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest Help

Reviews Summary for N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest
N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest Reviews: 22 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Multi-section electrolytic can capacitors and complete electrolytic capacitor recap kits for many Heathkit, Drake and Hammarlund radios. Custom mutli-section caps built to order. Front panel overlay for the Heathkit HW-16, with more in the works.
More info: http://www.hayseedhamfest.com/

You can write your own review of the N0JMY's Hayseed Hamfest.

N0GBR Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2012 14:05 Send this review to a friend
GREAT resource  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have purchased 5 cap- kits over the years, never a problem. It is so nice to just look up the receiver and order the kit. It's a real pain to try to do it oneself.

W2NVD Rating: 5/5 Jul 29, 2011 06:49 Send this review to a friend
HQ-129x kit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After picking up one of these fine old radios earlier in the year I decided that I should recap it if I wanted it to last. I looked at Mouser and other sources myself and then found Tom's website. Not only did it save me all of the parts sourcing, but he made the can electrolytic replacement. After ordering I received an email from Tom explaining that he had to reject some bases for the cans for not meeting specs and there would be a 3-4 week delay, but that my order would be filled as soon as they were ready. In the course of the corespondence I had mentioned that my dad had one of these radios and the customer service took on a welcome personal touch. The packing slip had a hand written note on it referencing our conversation. It was nice to know I was more than just another order. I would definitely do business with him again.

Bill Kulze'W2NVD

WB5HAK Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2011 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Price and Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tom and the family come through with the needed capacitors in a kit to re-furb most ANY old rig you can imagine. He has sold me can caps for even my old Lafayette shortwave receivers. Tom is a first class guy, and his family supports the business in style, never letting you wander what has happened to your order. They care!!

KD0GHG Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2011 18:07 Send this review to a friend
This company is awesome!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a replacement capacitor kit for a Drake 2B I recently acquired and the kit was in my hands less than 48 hours later! Good prices and the service is second to none. These people are a true example of midwestern honesty, integrity and values.

K3XR Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2010 05:02 Send this review to a friend
SOMETHING OLD SOMETHING NEW  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If your something old needs an update Tom has your caps. Tom sells a set of capacitors and resistors for many power supplies in older rigs. Picked up a set for the Heathkit HW-16 now up to date with a nice clean signal. His multi-part cap is a real work of art, looks great in the rig.

If you're into old rigs check out Tom's site. As for Tom, a great guy to deal with, very responsive and ready to offer help, if needed.

W3TKO Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2010 23:37 Send this review to a friend
Super cap source for vintage rigs  Time owned: more than 12 months
Tremendous resource for restoring my near-mint but slightly sluggish Drake R-4B! I didn't realize how bad it was, but the electrolytic recap kit for this radio totally transformed performance.

Multi section cap is very well constructed and looks great. Fast, friendly, and enthusiastic service. N0JMY even included a length of desoldering braid, a thoughtful gesture. The Hayseed kit made for an easy neat job and one stop shopping.

Cap kits for a number of classic rigs are available on the website and they will also do custom twist-lok style multi section caps. Here's a rare opportunity to do it right, instead of doing a typical haywire recap job.

Thanks, Hayseed Hamfest, for providing this great public service!

KJ4WRK Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2010 10:47 Send this review to a friend
Really helpful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just ordered a full cap kit for a Hammarlund HQ-170 and it arrived very quickly. The multi-core cap looks very nice.

He was extremely helpful with inquiries about kits for other radios as well.

Highly Recommended!

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2010 12:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Stuff!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got the parts to recap my R-4B and TX-4B. Fast shipping, and great emails.
I really needed just the big can caps, but I ordered the full kits, as I like to support small vendors like Tom.

KL0S Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2010 05:07 Send this review to a friend
Super Service!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
In anticipation of winter time projects I stocked up on Tom's recap kits for my Drake 2-B, 2-C, R-4C, T-4XC, and 2-NT. A real gentleman with a wonderful family helping out....lightning fast shipment of great products.

If you want to keep your Drake and Collins gear cooking for years to come check out Tom's recap kits.

Dino KL0S

W1CC Rating: 5/5 Aug 3, 2009 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Couldn't Be Better!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Over the past 6 months, I have order three Drake electrolytic capacitor kits (one R-4B and two TR-4C kits)from Tom and the crew at Hayseed Hamfest. They offer super fast service and shipping and a top notch product that meets my needs at a reasonable price. I look forward to doing doing more business with Hayseed Hamfest.

Tom, W1CC