Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | COM-AN-TENA MULTIBAND VERTICAL Help

Reviews Summary for COM-AN-TENA MULTIBAND VERTICAL
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $345 AUD
Description: 10-80m 1/4 wave multiband vertical

You can write your own review of the COM-AN-TENA MULTIBAND VERTICAL.

VK5ZG Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2009 06:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After a 2 year battle with trees, my dipole finally lost the fight.
Having one leg completely encased within trees, I needed an alternative solution.

I had a complete change of heart, and went vertical. After reading all of the reviews, I went for an Australian made product, from Andy Coman, which is his 10-80m vertical.

Unpacking the unit, I was immediately impressed with the quality of the antenna. Everything is machined, and all fixings are stainless steel.
Being a true 1/4 wave on the lower bands, this antenna does require a proper ground radial system / counterpoise.

I mounted mine at the eaves level of the house, and used the metal roofing and guttering as the counterpoise.

Not the best solution but adequate.
Tuning the antenna is relatively simple, with the 10, 15 and 20m bands adjusted within an hour. The 40 and 80m bands to take a bit longer as they require adjustment of the huge coils and caps.

Performance wise, I am very impressed. I have works all bands with this antenna, with the majority on 20m.
Now I do not get on air that often, but in my limited time, I have been able to work 15 countries, with a constant 5 x 7 to 5 x 8 report. And that is with just 100 watts.
I summary, provided that adequate attention is paid to the ground / radial system, it will work well.
Unfortunately this company does not have a web site, but their advertisments can be found in the Australian Amateur Radio magazine.
Andy Coman can be contacted on 03-9773 3271