Reviews Categories | Books/Manuals/Videos/Pod-WebCasts on ham radio | Drake Service CD's by K4OAH Help

Reviews Summary for Drake Service CD's by K4OAH
Drake Service CD's by K4OAH Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $19~$50
Description: Complete part list showing all resistors, capacitors and semis keyed to full color photos, showing their location on the PC board or chassis. Full color, high resolution photos of the chassis and each PC board (excluding PTO) with each part identified.
More info: http://www.k4oah.com/

You can write your own review of the Drake Service CD's by K4OAH.

K9MB Rating: 5/5 May 10, 2017 12:48 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic tools to aid in restoration and mods  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Garey's Drake documents packages probably do not need any additional praise, but I cannot resist posting that every superlative stated with regard to his collection for the Drake 2A and Drake 2B and more cannot possibly prevent the astonishment that you will experience when you see what is included for a very moderate price. My eystrain and frustration is over, now that every part number, resistor or capacitor value and part location is crystal clear. This goes a long way to improve on the great pleasure I am experiencing restoring my great little 2B and 2BQ. Highly recommended. Mike K9MB

KT6L Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2015 10:56 Send this review to a friend
Simply the Best  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have been using the CD manuals for 3 years and there is nothing to equal them. Each part is identified with its value and more importantly its location. There is no equivocation or room for confusion. The images are colored and bright with every item in the frames explicitly labeled.

The very best manuals I have ever seen, and I have written a number of Technical Manuals for Hardware and Software.

An outstanding job - thanks, Gary !

K3XR Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2012 06:53 Send this review to a friend
MUST HAVE FOR DRAKE RESTORE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Garey does a first class job with the Drake service CD's. Restoring a TR4CW/RIT being able to view the CD next to the workbench has been a great help. The crystal clear photos with component ID and a very comprehensive parts list are a great help. Trouble shooting hints another plus. Well worth the price if you are into restoring or repairing Drake gear.

W1DW Rating: 5/5 Sep 13, 2011 09:51 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the CD and it was more than I expected. Component locations, voltages, resistances, and more. If you own Drakes you should own this CD and for the price, you can't go wrong. Garey has put a lot of work and thought into this. Thanks Garey!

WB7TXG Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2009 18:11 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After trying to squint and look at the small print on the original owner's manual for my B Line I came across Garey's CD's for the Drake radios!

I can only say I wish I had these a long time ago! The pictures, labeling of individual components, and very organized approach to the B Line Service CD is top notch!

I can find a component quickly, and know what the value is supposed to be with ease now. Also there are several test points for voltage readings that were not in my Owner's manual that are in this service manual.. It takes all the guess work out of what should be what when you are troubleshooting.

If you want to maintain your Drake equipment I consider these CD's that Garey has put together a vital item.

I am not that good at troubleshooting my Drake equipment yet but the information contained is greatly helping.

As a side note - I have contacted Garey several times after purchasing his CD's regarding problems I was having with my R4B and Garey is patient and informative.

Again.. an excellent product that every Drake collector, operator, and "wanna be technician" like me has just got to have!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2009 16:12 Send this review to a friend
helpful!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can now locate any components of my drake in few seconds. This is a unique product. Yet, it is fairly priced.

Thanks Garey for the great work!

KQ6EA Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2009 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Service Aid!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received a set of these from Garey, and I'm impressed. Besides the "Service" Manuals, he also includes the Operating Manuals, and a ton of other information that can be hard to find.
I just started restoring a set of Drake B-Line Twins, and these are going to be invaluable to me.
Well done, Garey!